PDF Fall 2016: October 6th - 10th
Warning: Do NOT go on VVMC property if the event has not started. The owners are very protective of their land. Gates open at 5 p.m. on the Thursday that marks the start of the event. Do not linger in the parking lot before 4p.m. When you arrive on site, follow all directions of parking and other staff.
The Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club of Delaware is located at 444 Fleming Landing Rd, Townsend, DE., 19734.
There are several ways to get to the event site from Route 13 and Route 1.
From US-13-ideal for trailers and RVs.
Take South US-13 to Paddock Rd. At this intersection is a Wawa and a median sign for the "Vaughn Correctional Ctr." Turn left onto Paddock Rd. Follow ~7 mi. and turn left when it becomes Rt.9, North. Firebase Lloyd will be on your left in ~1 mile.
From Rt 1 S
Rt 1 S to the next exit past 299 (I believe it's 119B, Smyrna, last exit before toll) Get on 13, go back under Rt 1 and take the first right, Smryna Landing Rd. Go almost exactly 1 mile, then turn L on Paddock. Take Paddock all the way to the end, following the sign for Rt 9 S (not N). Turn L on Rt 9. The VnVMC is on the left just a mile or so further.
Via the Odessa exit, from points North-scenic and twisty
1. Drive to Odessa, DE via Routes 1 or 13 from wherever you’re coming from.
2. Turn onto DE-299 East/Main Street. Obey the speed limit through quaint downtown Odessa or expect a ticket!
3. Turn Left on Taylors Bridge Road, stay on for 4.7 miles
4. Turn Right onto Flemings Landing Road (you’ll see a tower on your left at the turn)
5. When the road bends to the right next to a wooded area, you’re there. Slow down and pull in on the right. Follow the flaggers’ directions.
This route is scenic and very twisty.
Alternate route from Baltimore/DC:
Take Route 50 East to Route 301 North.
Veer/Turn Right at 299 East at Middletown
Go thru town (Odessa) very small and quaint, don't speed.
Turn Left at sign where indicated to stay on 299East
After 500 feet this turns into 9South
7 miles on 9South TWISTS/TURNS.
Bear right at sign to stay on 9South
VVMC is on the right, there is a sign.
Some of these directions are older than that tree. If you have better directions please write them coherently and forward them to email@example.com