The Imperial Fleet has taken control of your Theme Camp and you've forgotten to get your Theme Camp / Sound camp / Art application in, and now the deadline has passed!
Just like Luke, City planning has come to the rescue and extended the deadline until this Friday. It's only a couple days away, so remember to get those applications in!
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU
What Where When submissions are now open for PDF 2018. Click What Where When under Participate in the Main Menu, or click http://playadelfuego.org/whatwherewhen
PLEASE NOTE: In order to submit new entries you must be logged into the website.
Artists! Want to radically express yourself to every single person at PDF, whether they like it or not? Why not design our wristbands?!
Submit a design that meets our specifications to email@example.com before May 1st to have a chance to become part of PDF history! The chosen design will get the number of their choice reserved for them (you'll still have to have bought a ticket to redeem it, though) and will have the satisfaction of seeing their art on the wrist of every person on the playa!
Here's the details:
- Completed image must be provided as a scalable vector graphic (SVG)
- Image dimensions should be 350mm x 16mm
- Can be reduced to 180mm x 16mm with tileable background
- Wristband must say "Playa Del Fuego" or "PDF" along with the current year (2018)
- Wristband must have space for optional numbering at least 25mm x 10mm
- Image palettes should contain no more than 8 colors
- 3 variations should be possible for 21+, 18+, and Minors
- variations can simply be palette alterations
- should be tested for color blindness compatibility
- Color variations must be clearly identifiable from a distance
- Finished artwork must be kept secret until Monday, May 28th at 12pm EST
- The email subject line should contain "PDF WRISTBAND DESIGN"
We look forward to seeing your designs!
Ticket sales and transfers are locked and loaded! Time to pack all the things!
When arriving at the gate:
You MUST show up with VALID LEGAL PHOTO ID that matches the info on the waiver you signed for your ticket, and your ticket alone.
If you have more than one adult ticket associated with your ticket account, you’re did it wrong, and your friend(s) will be sad.
No print outs or other forms of ticketing will be accepted at the gate.
Your ID is the only acceptable means of entry. Have it handy when you come to the gate. The gate entry is a single-lane road. Don’t be "that guy" who has to tell the gate crew, "oh, my ID is my bag in the trunk."
Did we mention that you need your ID?
Congratulations to these Art Grant Recipients!!!
Wine Man, Scott Crum
Sticks, I, Quentin Davis
It's a Trap!!!, Stilted Saint
Authentic Souvenir PdF Relic, Miss Fidget
Harmonic Temple Lotus, Nataraj
Water on Fire, Balance
Megaphone Typewriter Love Letter, Juniper Bunny
Points of Contention, bxiie
Voyage of the Maiden, Ikatz
The Pony, Sean Pietras
Congratulations to all Art Grant Winners!
Round 2 of Art Grants Now Open!!
Art Grants open until April 30th or the budget runs out!
Suggested Art Projects Include:
* Street signs/area signs (be part of the team that names them!)
* City beautification (whatever that means to you)
* Decorate a Port-a-potty! (up to $30)
* Anything you were thinking about doing, but missed the deadline!
A second round of Art Grants is open through April 30th, or until the budget limit is reached.
Your options for the second round are:
- Street signs/area signs (join a PC call to get names being used, and to suggest a name!)
- City beautification (whatever that means to you)
- Adopt-a-potty! Decorate a Port-a-potty! (budget limit is $30 for this)
- Something you had in mind, but you missed the deadline, so here's your second chance
Apply here: http://playadelfuego.org/artgrants/applications
We know that everyone is super excited about Ticket Sales tonight. Right below this article is a bunch of information on Ticket Sales, please be sure to read it so you don't miss out.
Also, we've opened up several of our applications just in time for ticket sales, but we're still working on a few of them. Check out what's new and what's ready to go below.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN:
What Where When
Sound Camp Applications
Ticket Sale Date: April 4th, 9pm EST
Ticket Sale Link: tickets.playadelfuego.org
- Adult tickets, and minors 13-18: $65
- Minors 12 and under - free
- To purchase tickets to Playa del Fuego, you must have a PayPal account. We recommend that you log into your PayPal account before joining the ticket queue.
# Available to Purchase:
- A total of 750 tickets will be available in Round 1.
- Each adult may purchase up to 4 adult / minor (13-18) tickets at once.
- Each adult may select as many minor (12 and under) tickets as needed.
- You'll need to sign a waiver to claim your ticket
- Depending on the performance of this sale, a second round at $80 a ticket might be added
- ALL participants who have earned a reserved ticket are encouraged to go into this sale
- More information is included on the Ticketing FAQ
- You will be required to have a valid ID which matches the name on your ticket to gain entry into PDF this year.
We're sorry that you missed your chance for an Art Grant this year, however if you are interested in building our Pony applications for the Pony Builder are still open!
Head over to the Build Art (Link is under Participate at the top) page to read more about our application process and fill in our Grant Forms.
As always, you must be signed in to access the forms!