Board of Directors
The Playa Del Fuego board of directors, as of October 25 2017:
Patty "DirtyGirl" Simonton - President and Treasurer ---- (Term ends May, 2019)
Bryan Boru Straub ---- (Term 1: June, 2020)
David "Karnak" Dugard ---- (Term 1: June, 2020)
Greg "Gandhi" Goodman ---- (Term 1: July, 2019)
Kate "Monster" Bell ---- (Term 1: July, 2019)
Millie McMillan ---- (Term 1: June, 2020)
Usrula Sadiq ---- (Term 1: June, 2020) - transitioning into Treasurer role
Contact the Board: bod (at) playadelfuego.org
Advisory Team as of October 25, 2017:
Ed “Lizard” Rosen
As with any nonprofit oversight body, the function of the Board is to set policy and direction for the organization which are consistent with federal, state, and local laws, and to see that these policies are implemented and that all legal responsibilities are met.
All actions taken by the Board should align with Playa del Fuego’s Vision and Mission Statement:
Attract, inspire, and nurture a diverse community to celebrate and encourage experiments in the creation of art, a culture of play, and the collective sharing of ideas and skills.
We build an interactive, experiential, sustainable environment that encourages a culture of play, artistic creativity and freedom of expression.
All official Board documents, including Annual Reports, Incorporation Filings and Bylaws, Meeting minutes, and Retreat reports can be found on the Playa del Fuego website here: http://playadelfuego.org/content/board-docs
BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Playa del Fuego board members are volunteers. Nevertheless, board members are expected to be actively engaged in the day-to-day activities of the organization year round. Board members are not responsible for planning the event, Playa del Fuego. However, due to their fiduciary duty to the organization, board members will step in when necessary to when the sustainability of the organization or safety of the participants may be impacted.
We are extremely grateful to our board members for their service to the Playa del Fuego community and we strive to provide whatever support we can. Serving on the PDF Board of Directors is both a serious responsibility and an opportunity for personal and professional development.
We expect that all board members will:
- Be familiar with board meeting minutes, organization bylaws, and annual reports prior to joining the team.
- Board docs can be found here: http://playadelfuego.org/content/board-docs
- Sign an annual contract agreeing to duties and expectations
- Agree to have your full real name listed on the Playa del Fuego website.
- Dedicate a minimum of 12 - 24 hours per month to board and Playa del Fuego activities
- Commit to a 3 year term. Can be renewed for a maximum of a 6 year term.
- Prepare for and attend monthly board conference calls.
- Prepare for and attend Planning Committee calls (at least one BOD member per PC call)
- Cast votes on important Playa del Fuego organization and governance matters as necessary.
- Attend the annual board retreat
- Read and participate in all board communications in a timely manner
- Within 24 hours unless on vacation
- Use online tools and resources to communicate, manage tasks, and stay current on goings on between meetings.
- Serve on a minimum of two sub-committees
- Work on additional projects outside of meetings
- Be active in strategic planning for short and long term goals.
- Participate in interviews for all board member nominees
- Serve as an ambassador for Playa del Fuego in your local communities.