P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New To The Site
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 am 

Howdy all. I just signed up for the site last night so just sending out a hello to everyone. I went to Burning Man in 2004 and hope to make it back there again soon. Maybe 2013 or 2014.

My partner Rob (of 7 years - we are a couple in our 40's) isn't the "adventurous" type so I have had to build the idea of Burning Man slowly over the last few years. Once he saw last year's webcam and some videos he started to get the urge. Once he learned of the concept, ideas and ideals of Burning Man (10 principles), read stories of people's experiences and found the Playa del Fuego site, as well as some Playa del Fuego videos online he's now totally obsessed with the idea.

It's too late for us to attend Playa del Fuego in October so we hope to get the chance to attend next Spring and we hope to volunteer in anyway we can so if anyone needs any help out there just let us know and we will help if we can.

As for now, Im going to sit here and watch the Burning Man webcam and be depressed that I cant be there. I would wear put on my goggles and dust mask but they wont let me wear them in the office...what a bunch of jerks.

Have a great day!

Paul (Monty) and Rob

Post subject: Re: New To The Site
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm 

Welcome! :)