P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Legal Expertise Needed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am 

I am Buddy K, the PDF board’s legal liaison. We have been trying to obtain legal advice for awhile, but have been going at it in a rather haphazard way, and it is not working as well as it could. I will attempt to bring some order to the process.

We need actual legal opinions from qualified members of the bar. Pro bono work is always good, but we are willing to pay for advice if the community cannot gift what we need. If you are a lawyer, and your employer does not want you to do outside work, or if you believe you cannot offer legal advice because of liability concerns, you are not the person(s) for whom we are searching.

Our most immediate need is for someone who can research issues involving our events in Delaware, to make sure our waivers are as sound as they can be, and that we are in full compliance with Delaware law for all aspects of the events. Also, we have a document retention question involving signed waivers. I would not think you need to be a member of the Delaware bar to do this. We are not anticipating litigation. However, if you believe otherwise, and you are not a member of the Delaware bar, you are not the right person for our Delaware specific tasks.

Other needs are as follows:
We need attorneys who practice or understand real estate law, including zoning law, in those Mid-Atlantic States in which we could feasibly buy property. Our search has lately centered on PA, but we have not ruled out MD, DE, NJ, WV, and VA. This may be a “hurry up and wait” deal, and depends upon if and when we locate properties that we wish to consider. However, we may have general questions at any time, especially on zoning issues.

We are incorporated as a non-profit in MD. We are a federal 501(c)3 corporation. We have questions involving intellectual property, bylaws, IRS compliance, and a few other odds and ends.

If you are willing to offer your services, please reply directly to me, not the list, and tell me exactly what you can do for us. If you require compensation, please provide an hourly rate, and a bio. If you are not a lawyer, but know someone who may be able to help, especially a lawyer with Burner sensibilities, please have him/her contact me (hkilpatr@juno.com is the preferred email address for these communications). I would prefer that you not give me a name and expect me to make the initial contact. I am not researching the legal universe. We have specific requirements, which I have outlined above.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm 

Buddy, you may also want to cross-post this in the "Help Wanted" forum. (viewforum.php?f=22)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:08 am 

so have you sort it out??? i think you must got some advice now.