P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:19 pm 

http://www.landwatch.com/Clinton-County-Pennsylvania-Land-for-sale/pid/262308342

This is in the "red zone" of the land search map, and it's quite bumpy (as in "occasional vertical drop" bumpy), but it has a tremendously low price to acreage ratio, being 194 acres for $265k. I saw it on facebook and thought I should pass it along.

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Agriculture_Millerstown_PA-585090/

This one I found on my own. It's in the Tuscarora Township of Perry County (http://www.perryco.org/ -- warning, broken links all over the place!), PA, which is in the "Non-vomitous Green Zone" of Dave's map. The distances are:

Just under 4h from my house (the most important indicator, of course)
3h16m from New York City (versus 2h31m at current site)
2h03m from Baltimore (vs 1h36m)
2h51m from DC (vs 2h8m)
2h24m from Philly (vs 1h14m)
6h36m from Boston (vs 5h49m)
3h26m from Pittsburgh (vs 5h19m)
37h from Gerlach (vs 40h)

A rough map of the lot outline can be found at "https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205759271458773778106.0004e44f683b6e19daf30&msa=0&ll=40.512119,-77.207279&spn=0.012692,0.021458". As the URL says, it's latitude 40.512119, longitude -77.207279.

For comparison, the current land at the same scale. Note that this outlining includes areas that are normally unused, like Front Parking and the pathway to Rear Parking. Also, the Rear Parking area cannot be used as part of the burn as it is outside the gate per Vet rules (gotta puts yer knickers on to go there!).

It measures 107 acres and is going for $280.3k, which is an okay rate considering the pros and cons.

The land is hilly but not steep. Looks like the slope goes up to about 23° in most places. 10° slopes likely dominate the area, which could be an annoyance. It actually fits the first four items of Dave's criteria to a T and most of the others quite well. Haven't looked much into how strict the zoning laws are, but the township doesn't even have a website, the county website doesn't talk about it much, and the site at "http://www.tcrpc-pa.org/content/?/perry-county" seems to have a "we're working on it" policy, so they may be a bit on the laissez-faire side.

15 of the acres consist of a field which may be ideal for parking. Most of the rest consists of woodland. This in concert with the hilliness would help dampen noise and reduce complaints from neighbors.

Upsides:
+ The aforementioned sound dampening
+ the site is "squarer" than the Vets' place, meaning that you won't have to walk forever to get places despite the larger size
+ much closer for folks from western PA
+ No vets! :D

Midsides:
÷ 20 miles from the nearest Target (and similar, shittier megastores), 4 to 5 miles from the nearest markets/supermarkets (roughly equivalent to current situation)
÷ No vets :|

Downsides:
- No obvious water access. Can't find any streams, and the nearest lake is off-property
- there's a peninsula of Not_Our_Property that juts into and along one the center valley of the property; if a house were built there, it was completely ruin what would otherwise be the ideal place to put all the loud camps
- More distant to most current participants, especially the hardcore workweekers
- No vets ;_;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:34 am 

Wow No posts on this topic.

Thanks Cholewa for this write up, looks like it only adds about 45 min to most commutes and as to the water, could this also be an event that persons must practice radical self reliance of brinign thier own H2O. Oh the horrors.

Where are the land serach persons????

Rumrunner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:41 pm 

Nice! Two hours closer to Rochester (Camp Sexy!)
About a year ago I found a realtor in central PA and had her search for me.
She found a lot of great land.
The problem always seems to be neighbors right on the edge.
Thus, the bigger the land (especially if forested and then cleared in the middle a bit each year), the better.
Some day this'll happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:52 am 

In order to have this looked over by land search, does it have to posted on the OFFICIAL PDF FB page?????

Can I get this in the BOD minutes?