P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 pm 

Since everybody's going landcrazy again, I decided to start updating my personal spreadsheet of interesting parcels of land being sold. While the last piece of land I recommended was 107 acres, I restricted my more recent search more stringently, with acreage which never dipped under 164 and was usually in the 200+ range. The biggest one is actually 623 acres, which seems insane, though it's well within the original requirement spec of "we have down payment plus first year expenses". I'll do a more relaxed but also more thorough search to see what's currently out there. Maybe I'll find a couple plots worth doing detailed posts about.

Anyway, could somebody hand over some pointers involving how the requirements list may have changed in the past three years? Is the preferred minimal area still 100 acres, or should larger buffer spaces be done in anticipation of louder noise camps? Do we have a good idea of the cost range that is considered viable for a land purchase? There should be something like $400k in the bank, more if those extra volunteer tickets helped to pile it on, less if the extra expenses (like the infinite wood cord use!) really jabbed it in there). Is all-cash now considered critically important? When there was only a few tends of thousands of dollars in the bank, the criteria were "at least one years worth of mortgage payments, event expenses, and down payment", but now that the base number is far higher, are the criteria the same, or is it more like "we'd like to have at least half the land cost in the bank when we buy" or even "we want to be able to buy the land and still have one or two years of costs left over"?

Is there anything else that has since been learned with respect to what Playa del Fuego needs in new land? I'd like to think we've gotten three years wiser in the last three years or at least have made mistakes that can translate into revised limitations.