P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
Full text of Agenda and Meeting Minutes below. Both can also be downloaded as PDFs from the following links.

Agenda: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%20 ... Agenda.pdf

Meeting Minutes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%20 ... inutes.pdf

Please let me know by private message if you have any questions.

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Last edited by EmilyD on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: April 2012 Agenda
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Agenda
Sunday, April 15, 2012, 1:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Wrap-up votes and business for Spring 2012 PF

Agenda summary: Voting for artists early-entry proposal, volunteer ticket discussion, sound policy discussion (may be moved to separate sound policy meeting)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Voting on Old Business

Arts Grants Early Entry Proposal - Submitted by Jill

Arts Grants coordinators talk to artists about how labor intensive their piece is. If the Arts Grants coordinators feel that those art grant recipient teams need a little more time to prep their piece, they give that artists' name and contact info to the early entry coordinator.

Early entry coordinator forwards list to theme camp coordinator and to DPW.

Early entry coordinator finds out from theme camp coordinator where placement will be.

DPW and theme camp coordinator can turn thumbs down on any early entry request.

No more than 4 members of art grant recipient team will be allowed in before 12 noon.

Art grant recipient team goes to early entry coordinator only with any questions or concerns. They will not interfere with the work of any other coordinator.

Art grant recipient team will abide by early entry rule #1, which is "no one sets up camp until DPW says so."

DPW reserves the right to escort artists outside the event until regular entry time.

Requests for artists' early entry must be received no later than two weeks before the event.

Note for Early Entry - Submitted by Jill

Each person going on to the early entry list needs to be listed with a specific department. Each person needs specific tasks from their coordinator. Early entry coordinator reserves the right to ask everyone in early the question "what are you doing?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second order of business: New Business

1. Volunteer Ticketing Proposal - Submitted by Blue (Tabled from March 2012 Meeting)

“I would like to present, discuss and vote on: a) lower ticket cap per purchase & b) an all volunteer round of tickets for volunteers.

Two rounds, the first is an all volunteer round;
One ticket max for volunteer round for those that do 4 hours (or 2 hours in hard-to-fill shifts);
Two person max for the second round non volunteers;
Volunteers must have volunteered their last PDF burn and must commit to shifts during their next burn;
Coordinators and shift leads will be responsible for collecting the names and times of volunteers.

Thoughts?”

Sound Policy Questions - Submitted by JamieLove (Lady)

“I know that there may be a board member who doesn't have answers, but I have a lot of questions, because there are a lot of non-answers in the policy. I'll be posting my questions and comments everywhere including sending them to the board.

The policy mentions a sound permit - why is one violation allowed to occur? One violation means the person is going to get evicted by the vets. I disagree with allowing a violation. Three sound camps allowed after midnight = 3 violations. This means angry vets and angry neighbors and evictions.
Who is going to be the Sound Marshal from the BOD? Blue? Will each BOD member take turns?
Who is the person who is going to make sure Sound Sponsors or their designated Sound Checks are actually in the camp when the music is playing?
Sound Committee: who is going to be on the sound committee?
Are the Buzzkillas disbanded now?
How this is being communicated to DJ's?
Is Heidi, our lovely theme camp coordinator aware of this?

Thank you.”

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Last edited by EmilyD on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: April 2012 Minutes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Agenda
Sunday, April 15, 2012, 1:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Wrap-up votes and business for Spring 2012 PF

Agenda summary: Voting for artists early-entry proposal, volunteer ticket discussion, sound policy discussion (may be moved to separate sound policy meeting)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Called to order at 1:09

Attendees:
Emily D.
Devin T.
Jen Finkle
Nicky (1K)
Smelly Melly
Hatter
Dinah
Smarty Marty
Yeti
JamieLove
RumRunner
Victory
Rev Dave
Heidi
Jenny
Paul
Derth

Minutes: Devin
Stack: Devin

Emily D: Please remember to keep your phone on mute.
Name first before speaking

Dispensing of the March Minutes (on the PONY for review). Emily motion, Smelly seconded. Unanimous consent

First Order of Business: Voting on Old Business

Old business tabled until proposer joins call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Second order of business: New Business

Volunteer Ticketing Proposal - Submitted by Blue (Tabled from March 2012 Meeting)

Blue not present. No PC participants opt to take from table.
Hatter motions to table: Rev Dave Stacks
Passed via Unanimous Consent

Sound Policy Questions - Submitted by JamieLove (Lady)

Devin - The majority of the questions have been answered in the FAQ that Blue posted to the PONY. Look there first, before asking. BOD should take up.
Hatter - Let the BOD hold the sound meeting. PC shouldn’t be handling
Jamie motion to table, Hatter Seconded.
Unanimous Consent
Emily - BOD urged to hold meeting on the topic, rather than PC.
Devin - The Sound Committee has put up a form to fill out to take community input into the Sound Committee decision making process.
Mel - Will be sending an email on behalf of the BOD

Devin Motion for BOD to hold a Sound Committee Process/Policy Meeting in a timely fashion
Melly Seconded.
PC Passes by Unanimous Consent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to Voting on Old Business

Arts Grants Early Entry Proposal - Submitted by Jill

Rev Dave steps up on proposal in Jill’s absence.
Hatter - Concerns on the current proposal: No entrants coming in after 3:30, to allow for gate to be set up. Because it is a function of the gate operations, the time locks are set by gate coordinator.
Heidi - What’s the ideal time for artists to be able to get in?
Rev Dave - between 2 and 3:30?
Hatter - 12:30 or 1 as a start.
Devin - Finding a balance between the artists’ need to build something that takes 6+ hours (and therefore invite
Heidi - Jill was talking about taking this on a case by case basis based on the art.
Hatter - Limit on personnel. It seems like we’re going on an as-needed basis anyway, so can’t we do away with the limit as it is currently worded? The 2 week thing: The amount of coordination needed makes it seem like we may need more time to make it work out.
Emily - Brought up the time limit previously. The temple was figured out 2 days in advance. The 2 week limit was to give a sense of notification.
Derth - I would err on the side of as soon as the set up people are done. Keep the artist entry as a short window.
Jamie - Does this include artists who are not necessarily getting a grant?
Rev Dave - Only for artists who have made “previous arrangements” ie arts grants, burning art, or placed art.
Heidi - May 3rd is the deadline for theme camp placement. Art should also be passed in by then. If Jill could get her requests in on that day, it would give good amount of time to work out the logistics.
Devin - Also would include Propane art starting in fall.
Hatter - Procedural question: We’re making suggestions to her proposal, can we pass it without her presence?
Devin - Because she is the early entry coord, we probably shouldn’t pass this without her presence.
Rumrunner - We should post up the modified version to the PONY.
Emily D - We don’t normally have a May meeting, but we could schedule one.
Hatter - Early Entries get put in before May 12th, so a May meeting wouldn’t allow for early entry this spring.
Rev Dave - It means we have no early entry policy, not that we don’t allow early entry.
Devin - Vote on the modified proposal with the ability to pull it without coordinator’s consent? (A kill clause)
Victory - Jill knew she had items on the agenda. I say we vote on it and implement it from there.

Melly - I agree with Victory
Devin - Motion to amend proposal to include 12:30 to 3:30 artists’ entry window (including the ability for the coord to set orientation time slots), All artist early entry requests must be in by may 3rd (deadline for placement as set by theme camp coordinator). Victory 2nd.
Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Hatter - Motion to remove the 5th line “No more than 4 members of the art grant recipient team to be allowed in” Replacing with “Number of early entries to be set based on the

Devin - Who is the one making the decision?
Rev Dave - List of departments involved is long (DPW, Arts committee, Early Entry)
Hatter - Motion withdrawn.

Devin - Summarizes motion as stands.
Arts Grants coordinators talk to artists about how labor intensive their piece is. If the Arts Grants coordinators feel that those art grant recipient teams need a little more time to prep their piece, they give that artists' name and contact info to the early entry coordinator.

Early entry coordinator forwards list to theme camp coordinator and to DPW.

Early entry coordinator finds out from theme camp coordinator where placement will be.

DPW and theme camp coordinator can turn thumbs down on any early entry request.

No more than 4 members of art grant recipient team will be allowed in between 12:30 and 3:30. No team members will be allowed in after 3:30 pm (as gate begins pre-event pre at that time).

Art grant recipient team goes to early entry coordinator only with any questions or concerns. They will not interfere with the work of any other coordinator.

Art grant recipient team will abide by early entry rule #1, which is "no one sets up camp until DPW says so."

DPW reserves the right to escort artists outside the event until regular entry time.

Requests for artists' early entry must be received by the theme camp registration deadline (May 3rd for spring 2012). Historically 3 weeks prior to the event.

Emily, motion to vote on the amended proposal
Hatter Seconded.
Passed via Unanimous Consent

Note for Early Entry - Submitted by Jill

Each person going on to the early entry list needs to be listed with a specific department. Each person needs specific tasks from their coordinator. Early entry coordinator reserves the right to ask everyone in early the question "what are you doing?"

Hatter - As the gate coord, I assign tasks on an ongoing process. Is Early Entry Coord taking over tasking people and I just give her a list?
Devin - The intention is to make sure that Early Entry participants are continuing to do work and not just standing around in the space. If a participant is Not Doing, the EECord will send people back to their assigned Coordinator to get back on Tasks.

Emily - Work Weekend “PreDF” Set for May 12th.
DPW Coordinator takes point on PreDF. Yeti to post info shortly.
Limited list of people brought in to do work on general site improvement/logistics.
Hatter - Is there any money in the work weekend budget?
Yeti - DPW budget is mostly discretionary, allowing for use for structural improvements.
Devin - If it is a long-term improvement, it’s a capital expenditure and therefore a BOD cost?
Melly - I’m not sure. I will bring it up with the BOD.
Hatter - Shelves was the specific for this time. Plumbing for the sink.
Melly - We should start thinking about a work-weekend budget and adding it to the budget process.
Rev Dave - Point of order: Before we start attaching plumbing fixtures, it is the Vets’ sink
Devin - Most of the budget items could also be rolled into the pre-existing budgets (example - Shelves are part of the shed, which is a DPW structure).
Hatter - On the plumbing example, not a permanent solution, a temporary drop-in for the events. Can be discussed off list.
Rest of the PreDF planning will be handled at the Coordinator level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closing

Next meeting:
May meeting scheduled only if Emergency Topics arise.
Not until after the Burn.

Emily Motions to adjourn, Rev Dave seconded.
Passed via Unanimous Consent.

Meeting adjourns at 1:58pm.

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group