P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
Full text of Agenda and Meeting Minutes below. Both can also be downloaded as PDFs from the following links.

Agenda: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... Agenda.pdf

Meeting Minutes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... inutes.pdf

Please let me know by private message if you have any questions.

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Agenda
Sunday, July 15, 2:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Begin planning Fall 2012 Burn

Agenda summary: Vote on old business, discuss new business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Old Business

Victory/Rumrunner as coordinators & reserve tickets

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Order of Business - New Business
(Beginning with business tabled from June 2012 meeting)

Dumpsters Note - submitted by Rumrunner

Pineapple was using back hoe to move trash. He stated that both dumpsters should be placed by back gate.

Event Theme Proposal - submitted by Miss Fidget

Not a pressing issue, but should PDF have a theme for each event?

Smelly added that “I am for a theme, we could/would get some really cool art!!!”

Emily added “I'd be open for a brainstormed list at a PC meeting, to be voted on by the community, for each event. Could be an interesting addition to foster more artistic expression at PDF!”

Nice way to get people at a PC meeting. The finals could compete in a poll posted on the web site.

Team Captains for Volunteers Proposal - submitted by Lea

I would like to create team captains.

They would operate by helping to fill the volunteer shifts.

Here are my ideas:

1 team captain would work over several volunteer shifts for one department once a day. They don't have to work all days, but only once in a day. So maybe just the morning.

They would be responsible for overseeing the volunteers. Being sure that they are trained and that shifts communicate. They would have radios and be able to reach me or other departments. They would NOT be leads or Gods. But rather they would be people-people. If they felt that a volunteer was unable to perform a shift, they would find a replacement.

By doing so, we increase the people who know people. The captain could ask their friends and camp mates to volunteer with them. They would only cover one department.

MASH Budget Overages from Spring 2012 - submitted by Rumrunner

Consumable/Recurring items:
$27: 2 bags of ice/day @ $3 /bag 9 bags total (1 on Monday)
$30: 3 cans of Gatorade $10/can total of 30 gallons
$20: Misc. First Aid Supplies
$3: Hand Sanitizer
$10: Gloves 2 boxes
_____________________________________
Total Consumables: $90

Non-Disposable Items (for Sp 2012)
$140: 1 shade structure + walls
$30: 1 fan
$40: 2 reclining chairs
$75: 1 radio
_____________________________________
Total Non Recurring: $285

Grand Total: $375
**This is what was approved as the MASH Budget for Spring 2012**

Additional Items Needed over time:
$140: 1 additional set shade and walls for shade structure
$30: 1 fans $30
$50: 2 5 gallon water coolers (gatorade and water) $25 each
$30: 1 cooler
$30: 4 bag chairs that have foot rest, act as reclining chairs for dehydrated persons $15 each
$10: 1 shop light
$75: 1 additional Radio $75 each
_____________________________________
Total of additional items: $365

Actual expenditure for Spring 2012
$140: 1 shade structure + walls Actual $295
Reason--EZ ups are break after a few burns (reported), obtained temporary garage over 2 burns would have budgeted for 2 EZ ups with walls for (Now Priced at $150 not $140) for $300. Spent $249.98 and no longer need 2nd EZ up. Total savings of $50
$30: 1 fan Actual 26.84 Saved 3.16
$40: 2 reclining chairs Actual 1 chair @ $45.00
Reason--Reported that Bag Chairs are not sturdy. Obtained Gravity Chair for $45
$75: 1 radio Actual $75.00 No report
$22.88: 5 Gallon Cooler--Purchased but was not in Spring 2012 budget, was budgeting $25 for cooler for fall

Additional Items that will now be requested over time:
$0: Savings of $140: 1 additional set shade and walls for shade structure ---N/A
$50: 1 fan for high velocity floor style, Radar brought one and worked excellently for cooling
$0: Savings of $25--Purchased 1 for spring and if reimbursed will not request a second due to one being gifted
$50: Gravity chair
$10: 1 shop light
$0: Savings $75--Acquired Dakota Radio from Rangers
$0: Savings $30 Cooler--Gifted
_____________________________________
New Additional Expediter Total: $110--Savings

Total Spent Sp 2012 on nonDisposables / Reusables: $419.70
Sp 2012 Reusables Budgeted: $285
Sp 2012 Reusables Discrepancy: $134.70

Sp 2012 Total Budgeted: $375.00
Total Spent: $489.88
Discrepancy: $114.88

Overall Total Reusable Budget
Original: $625
New: $529.70
Savings $95.30

Discussion: We are requesting an approval for the reimbursement of the overage of $114.88 for the Spring 2012 Burn. In doing this overage, we have and will save the the PDF organization close to $100 over the 2 burn budget. In addition, the items purchased will last for many more burns that the original budgeted items, thusly saving PDF money over time.

Items that negated some of the savings in the overall budget and will be budgeted for fall is a fan that moves more air and better chairs that recline.

The areas of other savings were in the disposables arena in that we had supplies "donated" from various sources. These items included but were not limited to ace bandages, gauze, cling wrap, burn cream, tape, and gloves.

Ticketing/Greeters/Parking Setup Ideas - submitted by Madame Buddafly (Rouge)

Hey little chosen colts,
I'd like to discuss the "new" ticketing / greeting / parking setup. From my perspective, What I have seen happen on these shifts needs some tweaking. The positive is that with the parking pass system moved to the back gate there is indeed less crazy backup in the front. The negative is that many virgins are not being greeted properly now that the greeter station is also in the back. They are driving in with their gear, getting dropped off and missing the standard lectures about poop and moop. I think that ticketing is still that key moment when we are guaranteed an interaction with newcomers.

Possible greeting solutions,
1. Greeting and ticketing are together again.
2. Ticketing asks "are you a virgin" and gives a quick rundown of the most critical do and don'ts
3. Short mini handouts at ticketing for virgins. Maybe a boiled down list of key items

Possible parking improvements
1. Plastic sleeves to hold drivers licenses (had them one year)
2. Cute punishment tasks for late permits (go moop for one hour, go volunteer for an extra shift)
3. We ran mini contests to see who brought passes back most quickly

Possible ticketing improvements
1. Passing pens down the line at busy times to get waivers signed

Early Entry Proposal - submitted by Hatter

I'd like to discuss my proposal to dissolve the early entry coordinator position and have the duties given back to the gate.

Previous discussion is on the PONY at: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2105

“Supply Coordinator”/DPW On- and Off-site Coordinators Proposal - submitted by Rumrunner (and Emily)

Rumrunner - Wasn't there some discussion of combining some coordinator positions into a supply clerk coordinator aspect?

Emily - And yes, there was talk of a "supply coordinator", as well as making an on-site and off-site DPW Coordinator position. I think it would be worth talking about both ideas at the PC meeting, as well as hopefully getting Yeti's input at the existing DPW Coordinator.

Previous discussion is on the PONY at: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2106

Work Weekend Proposal - submitted by Vuja Dave

I submitted a proposal to move the work weekend to the Tues/Wed prior to the event. After a little discussion, it seems like people may want to go with at least the Wednesday. I would like to see if we could do something like what Hatter proposed:

Wednesday 10am - 8pm: DPW Setup
Wednesday 8pm - Coordinators
Thursday 9am - Art Grant and Pony Grant
Thursday noon - Theme Camps
Thursday 5pm - General Admittance

is this something we can get onto the agenda for the next PC meeting?

thanks!

Previous discussion is on the PONY at: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2094

Volunteer Assistant Coordinators Proposal - submitted by Lea

I would like to discuss having 2 assistant coordinators for myself, volunteer coordinator.

Volunteer Feedback - submitted by Lea

Taking suggestions for how people view volunteering and other volunteer related items.

Discretionary Budgets Proposal - submitted by Hatter

I'd like that each department have setup a discretionary budget for items outside the normal budget approval period. For example, right now there is a sale on wrist bands that would save us about $75 that won't be available during my normal purchasing time. It would be great if I could purchase them now using a discretionary budget knowing that it is a needed item that I will end up purchasing later anyway. Items purchased with the discretionary budget will still have to be accounted for and reimbursed. I'm thinking $150-200, only to be used for recurring cost items such as wrist bands, office supplies, etc.

I'd also as a separate item put forth that Pre-DF be given a $200 discretionary budget for items that were found needing repair and not known or budgeted for prior to the work weekend. This should make it easier to get things done at work weekend without having to worry about who or if we'll get reimbursed. Again, all items will have to be receipted and accounted for and be submitted to the treasurer for reimbursement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

A few things from your PC Coordinator.
New PC rules will be coming, hopefully for the August meeting
Next PC meeting is weekend of August 11th/12th
PC meetings will likely be held on the second Saturday or Sunday of each month, in order to make scheduling easier for everyone. Of course, scheduling will be flexible based on large events (i.e. not meeting the 2nd Sunday in June because that's the weekend of Freeform) so not to conflict with things that draw a significant portion of our population.
Call-outs for agenda items will be posted approximately one week before the meeting, usually the Monday before. All agenda items are due the Friday before the meeting, so that the agenda can be posted in advance. All items need to be posted to the PONY in the appropriate thread (or sent to the PC Coordinator directly), or they will not be included in the Agenda.

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
Sunday, July 15, 2:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Begin planning Fall 2012 Burn

Agenda summary: Vote on old business, discuss new business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hatter to record: Meeting called to order 2:10 PM, Sunday July 15, 2012

Roll call:
Emily D (facilitating)
Ursula (note taker)
Mad Hatter
Victory
Rumrunner
Dinah
Smelly Melly
Smarty Marty
Yeti
Just Lea
Rev Dave
Diana Smiles (joined late)

Emily: Let’s try to keep it short folk. Lets dispense the meeting minutes reading, as they are available online
Hatter Seconds
Unanimous Consent
Emily: Reminder, Mute if you aren't speaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Old Business

Vote on making 2 MASH Co-coordinators a position comes with reserve tickets (Victory & Rumrunner are currently acting as MASH Coordinators)
Passed by Unanimous Consent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Order of Business - New Business
(Beginning with business tabled from June 2012 meeting)

Dumpsters Note - submitted by Rumrunner

Dumpsters Location: submitted by Rumrunner. Pineapple requested both dumpsters placed by back gate. Pineapple was using back hoe to move trash. He stated that both dumpsters should be placed by back gate.
Yeti's as DPW coordinator is onboard, it's now DPW's issue. No vote is needed.

Event Theme Proposal - submitted by Miss Fidget

Smelly : I am for a theme, we could/would get some really cool art!!!
Emily: I'd be open for a brainstormed list at a PC meeting, to be voted on by the community, for each event. Could be an interesting addition to foster more artistic expression at PDF! Nice way to get people at a PC meeting. The finals could compete in a poll posted on the web site.
Next meeting will vote on it & propose themes, which will then be put on the PONY for polling

Team Captains for Volunteers Proposal - submitted by Lea

I would like to create team captains. They would operate by helping to fill the volunteer shifts.
Hatter - what if we don't get enough? Concerned about creating the need for more volunteer positions.
Dinah - Rangers would want to opt out.
Lea - no problem, each coordinator can decide.
Emily - Does this need to be official? Can't we encourage it without creating a position.
Yeti - I don't think she needs our approval
Victory - Aren't we trying to get away from having more volunteers. And isn't the participation station's job o do this?
Lea - maybe not an official thing? Just want everyone to be onboard/no opposition
Emily - think this is up to you as a coordinator. Up to you, try it, and we're supportive.
Lea - thanks!

MASH Budget Overages from Spring 2012 - submitted by Rumrunner

Future burns will be decreased $95 for these items. We bought better structures which will last longer.
Yeti: I move we vote
Passed with Unanimous Consent to approve reimbursement of the overage.

Ticketing/Greeters/Parking Setup Ideas - submitted by Madame Buddafly (Rouge)

Emily: PC is not micromanaging Coordinators. Don't think it needs a vote.
Yeti : it's a good idea to think about these good ideas
Hatter: Thank you, we're looking at it.

Early Entry Proposal - submitted by Hatter

Yeti: All for this proposal
Dinah: Makes sense. Less cooks will work better. It's entry issue, it should be under gate

11. Discretionary Budgets Proposal - submitted by Hatter

Yeti: Move to vote. Declare support.
Emily: Need to wait until next meeting for a vote, this meeting can only discuss. All for PDF discretionary budget, let’s roll into DPW budget. Concerned about each coordinator and the extra confusion this might cause.
Dinah: with Emily, like the roll it into DPW budget. This is about solving the problem of being about to spend money when there is opportunity to save.
Hatter: Need it to be on items we spend on anyway. DPW is ok idea, but for the work weekend needs one.
Emily: If it is reoccurring, that is in an upcoming budget, do something like we be just did with Rumrunner.
Hatter: The only issue is it the delay, because of the pace.
Dinah: Interest also needs to be reimbursed
Emily: No, we don't typically reimbursed interest
Dinah: Still calculating that will be 2 months. 2 months of interest. That's a lot, so it would be up for each coordinator. Could this be something you'd call the treasurer and used the PDF credit card?
Hatter: Doesn't always work
Emily: need more discussion on the pony
Smelly Melly: Limit to a max amount. I'll touch base with the board

“Supply Coordinator”/DPW On- and Off-site Coordinators Proposal - submitted by Rumrunner (and Emily)

Yeti: Good idea, but need fleshing out on the Pony. Yeti proposes this to be co-coordinators, and they'd have an understanding on the duties.
Hatter: Also, to wrap ALL purchasing into DPW. Wood/potties/golf carts/etc.
Dinah: How it works, is up to DPW, if you have co-coordinators.
Yeti: Agrees. We'll figure it out.

Work Weekend Proposal - submitted by Vuja Dave

Yeti: Likes it. However it works out
Hatter: Maintain the Work Weekend 2 weeks prior, but ADD 1 extra setup day prior
Emily: This sounds like it needs to brought up with BOD, Hatter, can you do that?
Yeti: This might not work, but let's try to make it happen since the community wants it.
Rumrunner: Make sure the land stuff rental/insurance additional cost is appropriate
Melly: What rumrunner said, but it needs to be cost considered. I support the idea.
Yeti: What yeti said
Marty: We need to know the cost.

Volunteer Assistant Coordinators Proposal - submitted by Lea

Emily: Why 2?
Lea: I need help. I have someone who sometimes help
Yeti: 2 coordinators are good. coordinators needs to sleep, after all.
Dinah(?): Every department needs an assistant. It's too much on 1 person
Rumrunner: You want team leaders(proposal 3) & assistants?
Lea: Team leaders are just in charge of gathering a group. And assistant coordinators is offsite/onsite manager. 1 assist would be good.
Emily: Support 1 assistant/ coordinators per position. Support team captain thingy to be up to the coordinator
Smelly: We Need 2 coordinators for each position - what if the coordinator can't make it? Then we’re left in a scramble.
Ursula: List of coordinators somewhere?
Hatter: working on it getting it onto the PONY.

Volunteer Feedback - submitted by Lea

Emily: Put it on the Pony. And we can put it out to the DC/Balt and Philly mailing lists.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

Next meeting August, shooting for the 11th. (Aug 12 is round 2 ticket sales)
Emily: Motion we adjourn; Hatter: seconds
unanimous consent
3:21PM – meeting adjourns. (Meeting duration 1:21min)

_________________
Emily D / Sugar High
PC Coordinator


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group