P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm 

Full text of Agenda and Meeting Minutes below. Both can also be downloaded as PDFs from the following links.

Agenda: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... Agenda.pdf

Meeting Minutes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... inutes.pdf

Please let me know by private message if you have any questions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm 

PDF Planning Committee Meeting Agenda
Saturday, September 8, 2012, 1:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Planning for Fall 2012 PDF

Agenda summary: Vote on budget for Fall 2012 PDF, discuss business tabled from August 2012 meeting, no new business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Vote on Budgets

Sound Patrol - No budget needed for this Burn**

**Note: New sound policy under BOD control. Any budget needed for Sound Patrol, etc. to be decided by BOD.

Theme Camps - Proposed by Heidi
$75 - flagging material to mark Theme Camps and Roads in the back field
Total: $75

Total for this Burn is $75

WWW - Proposed by Miss Fidget
$900 - 650 What/Where/When books
Actual cost may be lower, Ranger Buckita is working with a new vendor.
Total: $900

Total for this Burn is $900

Fire Team - Proposed by Rev Dave
$2,275 - Wood, 13 hardwood cords @$175 each (approx)
$110 - Fuel, 10 bottles of tiki oil @$11 each (to be shared with Lamplighters)
$100 - Burn barrels
Added to budget following discussion at August 2012 PC Meeting
Total: $2,485

Total for this Burn is $2,485

Parking - Proposed by Shelly
$0 - water (2 - 5 gallon water bottles)
$0 - hot cocoa and instant coffee
Removed from budget following discussion at August 2012 PC Meeting, already included in gate/greeters budget
$30 - Eco Friendly line paint
$35 - 8 heavy duty ratchet straps for the tent
$50 - heavy duty pack of stakes to replace broken ones
$20 - misc. office supplies (pens and paper)
$40 - parking pass printing/supplies
$200 - signage supplies
will depend on what artists bring, may not be needed, but new bigger more visible signs are a must!
Total: $375

Total for this Burn is $375

MASH Camp - Proposed by Rumrunner
Consumable/Recurring items:
$27 - 2 bags of ice/day @ $3/bag, 9 bags total (1 on Monday)
purchased from vets Sat-Mon
Added to budget following discussion at August 2012 PC Meeting
$20 - Misc. First Aid Supplies
$5 - bug spray
$10 - disposable table cloths (plastic) for our naked type persons to sit in a chair
$225 - Golf cart rental and gas
Total Consumables: $287

Non-Disposable Items (for This Burn)
$55 - floor fan (borrowed Radar’s for Spring)
$55 - gravity chair (like the one we had for Spring)
$10 - shop light
$150 - back board
I am working on getting one donated at which time this will be removed, but wanted approval as a JIC
$50 - conduit, bolts, washers, nuts, rebar (can double shade space of current structure)
Total Non Recurring: $320

Total for this Burn is $607

Volunteer/Participation Station - Proposed by Lea
General Supplies:
$15 - Raffle tickets
$20 - Miscellaneous office supplies (tape, markers, scissors)
Total: $35

Participation Station/Center Camp:
$15 - Water (3 – 5 gallon jugs)
$10 - Trash Bags
$70 - Base Radio
$30 - Schedule printing
$100 - Ratchet straps + structure repairs per Andy Wing’s request
Total: $225

Laminates/Buttons:
$120 - Buttons (400) (Busy Beaver)
$250 - Laminates (200 + 30) (Minuteman Express)
Budget item increased due to addition of new laminates
Total: $370

Golf Cart
$220 - Golf cart and gas
$15 - Gas Can
Total: $235

Total for this Burn is $865

Greater/Gate - Proposed by The Mad Hatter
Front Gate / Ticketing / Greeters
$41 - 7 x 5 Gallon Water bottles (Ticketing & Greeters)
Extra $6 dollars added in case of missing bottle.
$25 - 1 Water Cooler Rental
$200 - Wrist Bands
I’m looking at getting custom print wrist bands this year. They will say Playa Del Fuego Fall 2012 and be numbered instead of just being blank.
$200 - SSD (solid state disk/hard drive)
A SSD will be faster to boot/reboot and lessen the chance of failure due to heat, cold and the elements
$75 - Instructional Signage:
I will be making signs with instructions on what each volunteer shift is responsible for and how to do them (last years did not survive, must be re-made).
$200 - Golf Cart:
To be shared with Parking. We are looking to get a gas one this year just to make charging a non-issue. This will be for Gate Only!
$100 - Golf Cart Shipping
This is the cost to ship up to 6 carts so should take care of any that are approved
This may actually only cover costs to ship 4 carts. If a 5th cart is approved, the cost may increase significantly.
$25 - Golf Cart Gas (Re-use tank from last year)
$100 - Office Supplies
New markers for dry erase board, paper for logs, file folders for waiver bins and any last minute stuff.
$150 - Snacks, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Ice Tea Mix (All gates)
$18 - 1 bag of ice per station per day (6 bags @ 3.00 each)
Purchased from Vets
$36 - Heavy Duty Rechargeable LED Spot Light
$200 - Large Signage for Ticketing and Greeters.
We budgeted this for last year and we did not use it, we’ll try again this fall.
$50 - Bug Spray x 8 cans
$120 + shipping - 4 outdoor resin chairs
These are folding chairs to replace the crappy bag chairs.
Total: $1,590

Total for this Burn is $1,590

Additional Gate Budget:
Hired Gate Crew
We will be hiring the Vets to watch the gates when Ticketing is closed, this includes the Pony and Art burns and Overnight Sunday into Monday morning.
Total: $1,300

Total for this Burn is $1,300

Rangers - proposed by Dinah/Snuggles
Burn items
$100 - 100 laminates
$175 - 100 manuals
Budgeting high b/c we're updating the manual this year and don't know how many pages will be added
$75 - water, ice & snacks (including water cooler and jugs of water)
$50 - office supplies - tape, scissors, string, printing of Ranger Picture Board
$245 - golf cart rental and gas
Total: $645

Communications
not needed this Burn
Total: $0

Uniforms
$1,200 - T-shirts, short-sleeved (144)
Reminder that we only order tee shirts in Fall and order 144 because that's where the price break is. budget slightly down from last Fall due to actual amount spent. have plenty of hats, don't need to order those this time around
Total: $1,200

Infrastructure
not needed this Burn
Total: $0

Total for this Burn is $1,845

Stage - Proposed by Matt Hart
$400 - U-haul rental for moving equipment.
Approximate for vehicle rental.
Total: $400

Total for this Burn is $400

DPW Budget - Proposed by Yeti
$300 - General expenses fund
$200 - Work Weekend expenses
$225 - Golf cart and gas
Budget as proposed by Yeti after discussion on PONY on 9/3/2012
Total: $725

Total for this Burn is $725

Drum Conclave Budget - Proposed by Zoe Jackson
$25 - Shwag (custom-made pin buttons) for Drum Conclave volunteers
Total: $25

Total for this Burn is $25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second order of business - Tabled from August 2012 Meeting and New Business

Early Entry Proposal - submitted by Hatter

Taking from the discussion at the previous event and the input from the BOD. I'd like to suggest the following proposal for changes to our current first in setup policy.

-DPW, Theme Camps Coordinator, MASH Coordinators, and Parking Coordinator can arrive any time after noon on Wednesday to start the setup of infrastructure, layout of the event and setup of the parking lot.

-All other coordinators can arrive between 6pm and midnight on Wednesday with the the setup crew required to put together their stations. Please limit the number of people to what you require to set up your area. Each person arriving on Wednesday MUST be on a pre-approved Wednesday entry list given to the gate coordinator by the Monday prior to the event. Coordinators and set up crew who are not able to arrive before midnight on Wednesday can arrive any time after 9am on Thursday.

-The Pony Builder will continue to be allowed in between Noon and 3:30 on Thursday.

-Art Grant recipients who need extra time to build their art will be allowed in between Noon and 3:30 on a case by case basis as established in the policy last spring.

- All deliveries will continue to take place at their current times on Thursday.

Since this new policy effects DPW the most, DPW should be granted ultimate VETO power on this new policy regardless of the PC vote if they are unable to staff a crew capable of carrying out the tasks required on Wednesday.

Work Weekend/Pre-DF

Not a proposal, but need to discuss date of WW

Guides

Third Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

A few things from your PC Coordinator.
New PC rules are evolving, currently under development but will likely wait until after Fall PDF to implement
Next PC meeting is weekend of November 10/11, but may be moved up to November 3/4 due to Veterans’ Day holiday
PC meetings will be held on the second Saturday or Sunday of each month, in order to make scheduling easier for everyone. Of course, scheduling will be flexible based on large events so not to conflict with things that draw a significant portion of our population.
Call-outs for agenda items will be posted approximately one week before the meeting, usually the Monday before. All agenda items are due the Friday before the meeting, so that the agenda can be posted in advance. All items need to be posted to the PONY in the appropriate thread (or sent to the PC Coordinator directly), or they will not be included in the Agenda.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 pm 

PDF Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
Saturday, September 8, 2012, 1:00 pm

Purpose of meeting: Planning for Fall 2012 PDF

Agenda summary: Vote on budget for Fall 2012 PDF, discuss business tabled from August 2012 meeting, no new business

In Attendance:

Emily D.
Devin
Just Lea
Jill
Niki (1K)
Melly
Fritz
Heidi
Shelly
James
Yeti
Leon
Amy
Diana Smiles
Big Mike
Rev Dave
Mark N.
Wren
Lizard
Rumrunner
Victory

Called to Order at 1:08pm

Emily motions to dispense with the reading of the previous meeting’s minutes.
Seconded by Jill. Passed via Unanimous Consent.

First Order of Business - Vote on Budgets

Sound Patrol - No budget needed for this Burn**

**Note: New sound policy under BOD control. Any budget needed for Sound Patrol, etc. to be decided by BOD.

Theme Camps - Proposed by Heidi

Total for this Burn is $75

Jill – Will there be enough marking tap for use around memorial?
Heidi – There is usually an extra roll that gets put in the shed after theme camps are marked.
Emily motions for vote, Seconded by Jill. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

WWW - Proposed by Miss Fidget

Total for this Burn is $900

Emily motions to vote. Devin seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Fire Team - Proposed by Rev Dave

Total for this Burn is $2,485

Jill- Burn Barrels: Rumrunner said he can get them, do we need to cover transportation?
Rumrunner – We may be able to move 2 or 3, we don’t have a truck. We cannot make the work weekend. $5 - $10 per.
Heidi – How many barrels are we looking to get in total?
Rev Dave – The plan is to get 2 barrels. The price was a placeholder based on getting them. They are for replacements at the 2 gates.
Rumrunner – The ones that I have access to will need to be cut still.
Jill – Builder Bob can make barrels. Charges $40 each and will deliver.
Heidi – I can cut them in half for free.
Emily: Point of Order. The PC call is not for micromanaging how we do things. It is to discuss the budget as put forth by the Fire Team.
Emily motions to vote. Seconded by Devin. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Parking - Proposed by Shelly

Total for this Burn is $375

Emily motions to vote. Seconded by James. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

MASH Camp - Proposed by Rumrunner

Total for this Burn is $607

Emily motions to vote. Seconded by Rumrunner. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Volunteer/Participation Station - Proposed by Lea

Total for this Burn is $865

Emily motions to vote. Lea seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Greater/Gate - Proposed by The Mad Hatter

Total for this Burn is $1,590

Jill – I have concerns regarding costs of snacks and waters. Additionally, are those chairs necessary? We have use of the Vets chairs.
Emily – Hatter isn’t on the call. He’s complained about them being dirty and hard to move.
Jill – My point is that those chairs are there already, don’t need to be stored.
Heidi – I agree, we keep coming up with purchasing chairs over and over again. We’ve agreed that our folding chairs need to go, but haven’t
Vuja Dave- What happened to the camp chairs?
Emily – They’re just worn out. They don’t last more than 1 or 2 burns.
Fritz – we’ve always had a lot of camp chairs end up in the dumpsters. They break, they have all sorts of problems. The plastic/resin chairs end up in the dumpsters too.
Devin – To sate this, why don’t we motion to strike that budget item? I’ll do it after some more space for comments.
Fritz – Are we allowed to vote to pass a budget with items not in it, and how much are the chairs?
Devin – We vote to amend the budget, and then vote to pass the amended budget.
Emily – Hatter’s total budget is $1,590. The chairs are $120.
Yeti – Let’s vote on the full budget and then change if needed.

Emily motions to vote on the budget as it stands. Yeti seconded. Roll call vote:
Emily D. - Yes
Devin - No
Just Lea - Yes
Jill - No
Niki (1K) – Abstain
Melly - No
Fritz - No
Heidi - No
Shelly - Yes
James - No
Yeti - Yes
Leon - Abstain
Amy - Abstain
Diana Smiles - Yes
Big Mike - No
Rev Dave - Abstain
Mark N. - Yes
Wren - Yes
Lizard - Yes
Rumrunner - Yes
Victory - No

Yes – 9, No – 8. Budget carries as proposed.

Additional Gate Budget:

Total for this Burn is $1,300

Yeti motions to vote. Emily seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Rangers - proposed by Dinah/Snuggles

Total for this Burn is $1,845

Devin motions to vote. Emily seconded. Passed via Unanimous Consent.

Stage - Proposed by Matt Hart

Total for this Burn is $400.00

Heidi – Is that a rental van/truck?
Melly – It’s a van. We cover the gas personally because it also hauls our personal gear.
Emily motions to vote. James seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

DPW Budget - Proposed by Yeti

Total for this Burn is $725

Jill – We’ve had placeholder budgets for DPW previously.
Emily – While it was proposed between the 2 meetings, Yeti did propose this one.
Emily motions to vote. James seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Drum Conclave Budget - Proposed by Zoe Jackson

Total for this Burn is $25

Devin motions to vote. Emily seconded. Passed by Unanimous Consent.

Second order of business - Tabled from August 2012 Meeting and New Business

Early Entry Proposal - submitted by Hatter

Emily – This as tabled from the previous meeting pending Melly getting information from the BOD on insurance concerns.
Melly – The board talked about it: It wouldn’t be an issue so long as no work is done on Wednesday.
Devin - To confirm, activities until the Thursday of the event are done at an attendees own risk. I’d love to have Yeti’s thoughts on doing DPW without insurance coverage.
Yeti – I don’t really have much of an opinion on this. Anything that gets DPW and other coordinators working earlier sounds like a good idea.
Vuja Dave – If no activity is taking place until Thursday, it won’t risk our insurance.
Emily – There have been 2 conversations going around. One with coordinators showing up Wednesday and not doing anything. The other involves a small list of people to arrive on Wednesday at noon, with all other cords allowed to show up between 6 and midnight on Wednesday. The list must be pre-approved by gate coordinator. It essentially moves DPW and other infrastructure to Wednesday, rather than Thursday.
Heidi – I have concerns: We shouldn’t have people setting their stuff up until the roads are down. There needs to be someone to give information to whoever shows up early. It can’t be me.
Melly – My biggest concern is event creep. It was talked about on the board list.
Devin – Looking at this like a city planner, if the same list of people are there placing their personal stuff in city space, we’re undoing the core tenant of our early entry process, that nobody gets special privilege. Plus then it looks like Another way that coordinators get special treatment, which we already have to fight against.
Yeti – We should really limit it to only the people who need to be there to get the city placed.
James – I wouldn’t be against sleeping in my car to make sure we’re not in the city space.
Jill – Why don’t we encourage all the coordinators to camp somewhere else?
Vuja Dave – Initially, the idea to move the work weekend to Tuesday and Wednesday got shot down in favor of this. I saw the advantage being that you have a place to go back to when not working on Thursday. I saw having our stuff set up as being a positive.
Melly – Each and every one of the coordinators work our butts off. To say that we’re getting special privileges is ridiculous.
Devin – It is a special privilege, that we may feel that we earn for our work outside of the event. It looks like a privilege, then it is one. We don’t give the option to other attendees.
Vuja Dave – Once a coordinator has their station set up, things are just kicking in for them. Taking the time to go set camp up then seems backwards.
Diana – It seems like if there’s a 6 hour window, wouldn’t most of the infrastructure already be done? That means we wouldn’t have to worry about setting personal stuff in the roads.
Heidi – I won’t be setting up the infrastructure until Thursday morning. So there is no gain to roads and camps. The front field isn’t done by me, so I can’t speak to that. It just means we’d be done by noon on Thursday. I’d also need early entry to walk each person to their spot (art grants, etc.) to limit misplaced art.
Shelly – When we get in at noon on Thursday we’re setting up from noon until that evening. Our camp generally sets things up for us.
Jill – Couldn’t we just ask Heidi to designate a spot for “early camping” that would keep them from taking up city space?
Vuja – Would we then be setting up and breaking back down?
Jill – If you don’t like where Heidi put you.
Yeti – I’m on board with Heidi. But we need to have someone get art to their site.
Devin Point of Order: Is this Discussed business, waiting for a vote, or just being discussed?
Emily – It has been discussed, but tabled before the vote.
Fritz – I am in favor of Wednesday entry. Theme camp coordinator should be able to have final say regarding where personal space goes.
Lizard – Clarification on 12:01. That is 00:01 Thursday morning.
Diana – Clarification based on
Devin – Unless there is a space set aside solely for early campers, I won’t be voting for this. However as the PC call is primarily coordinators, we should move this on to the vote.
Yeti – Early work would include shed pack out, cleaning the showers, there’s a long list of things that just come up.
Rev Dave – The insurance we get is only liability. It doesn’t cover if you hurt yourself (in fact your health insurance can and will sue the event if you do hurt yourself when not covered by our liability).
Fritz – It is pretty obvious that the work that goes on from noon to 6 would be “light work.”
Emily – If someone injures themselves on Thursday, is the event liable to cover their health costs?
Devin – Clarification on how insurances interact. The health insurer will contact our liability insurance. If we are not insured, they will bring suit against PDF LLC.
Jill – We should probably but something in there to change the vendor exemption.

Niki motions to vote. Yeti seconded. Roll call vote.
Emily D. - No
Devin - No
Just Lea - Abstain
Jill - No
Niki (1K) - Yes
Melly - Yes
Fritz - Yes
Heidi - Yes
Shelly - Abstain
James - Yes
Yeti - Yes
Leon - Abstain
Amy - Abstain
Diana Smiles - Yes
Big Mike - Abstain
Rev Dave - Yes
Mark N. - No
Wren - Abstain
Lizard – Yes
Rumrunner - Abstain
Victory – Abstain
Vuja Dave – Yes
10 – Yes, 4 – No. Yes carries, motion approved.

Work Weekend/Pre-DF

Yeti – Pre-DF isn’t set yet.
Emily – Are you taking point on scheduling the work weekend?
Yeti – I haven’t talked with the Vets yet, but want to make sure the date we have with them.
Jill – That has to go through Buddy K as event liaison.
Yeti – I’ll talk with Buddy. If anyone wants to attend, please pass it along on the PONY or fb to me.
Fritz – Normal to do list is the burn pad, the showers. There might not be much that needs to be done. Might not be worth having one.
Yeti – Sounds right.

Guide for Vet Guests

Question from Diana Smiles
Melly – The pamphlet has been created and is in a pdf to be printed and handed out to Vets and their guests.

Third Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

A few things from your PC Coordinator.
New PC rules are evolving, currently under development but will likely wait until after Fall PDF to implement
Next PC meeting is weekend of November 10/11, but may be moved up to November 3/4 due to Veterans’ Day holiday
PC meetings will be held on the second Saturday or Sunday of each month, in order to make scheduling easier for everyone. Of course, scheduling will be flexible based on large events so not to conflict with things that draw a significant portion of our population.
Call-outs for agenda items will be posted approximately one week before the meeting, usually the Monday before. All agenda items are due the Friday before the meeting, so that the agenda can be posted in advance. All items need to be posted to the PONY in the appropriate thread (or sent to the PC Coordinator directly), or they will not be included in the Agenda.

Emily motions to adjourn. Jill seconded. Passed via unanimous consent.
Meeting closed at 2:45pm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]