P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
Full text of Agenda and Meeting Minutes below. Both can also be downloaded as PDFs from the following links.

Agenda: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... Agenda.pdf

Meeting Minutes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68527567/PDF%2 ... inutes.pdf

Please let me know by private message if you have any questions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Agenda
Sunday, February 10, 11:00 AM

Purpose of meeting: Planning for Spring 2013 Burn

Agenda summary: Vote on old business, discuss budgets and minor new business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Old Business

MASH Camp Reserve Tickets - submitted by Rumrunner

Following suit of other departments, a set number of reserved tickets for medical volunteers. This would follow the same rules as it applies to other departments and would be in the same number range as other departments.

MASH Camp currently receives 2 reserve tickets for the 2 co-coordinators (Rumrunner and Victory). The proposal is to increase the number of reserve tickets by 5 (for a total of 7 tickets) for volunteers to ensure proper staffing of MASH.

Previous discussion can be found on the PONY here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3179

Sanctuary - submitted by Zoe

Summary:

Provides support to other departments by removing these persons from the hands of Rangers and Medical volunteers
Persons have cleared as medically sound by Rangers/Medical but are severely dehydrated/disoriented/overwhelmed
Persons are incapable of being left alone or left to their own devices and need a quiet safe space and someone to hold space for them
Proposal to make Sanctuary an official department within the PDF infrastructure, with integration in to the volunteer schedule (all volunteers will be provided with a mandatory training session)
Proposal includes 2 co-coordinator positions with reserve tickets provided
Budget will be submitted during budget meeting in February along with other departments

Previous discussion can be found on the PONY here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3180

Ticketing Proposal - submitted by Mad Hatter based on previously submitted proposal from Bryan Boru

Proposal to reduce the single transaction purchase limit of tickets from 6 to 4.

Previous discussion can be found on the PONY here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3181

Exodus Coordinator - submitted by Fritz

Proposal to create an "Exodus Coordinator" position, including a reserve ticket for the coordinator.

Previous discussion can be found on the PONY here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3182

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Order of Business - Budget Discussion

MASH Camp - Proposed by Rumrunner

Consumable/Recurring items:
$30 - Ice from vets
$30 - Misc. first aid supplies
$40 - 2 LP tank fills (will only submit for reimbursement for amount used)
$250 - Golf cart rental
$20 - Gas for golf car
Total Consumables: $370

Non-Disposable Items (for This Burn)
$60 - floor fan
$55 - gravity chair
$50 - propane heater
Total Non Recurring: $165

Total for this Burn is $535

Stage - Proposed by Matt Hart

$40 for 2 - XLR to 1/4" Balanced Speaker Wires
$25 for 2 - XLR to XLR Balanced Speaker Wires

I have budgeted these before and never purchased them. The Cables being used are not balanced, and I was told I was hooking up the Sub wrong so the 2nd set of cables is to hook it up properly.

$350 for 5 days use of a Rental Van-no mile charge (We cover gas since it is also used to bring our stuff)

Tent Rental - Free unless otherwise reserved for the weekend then it will be ~$100 (I work at a Hardware Store and we rent party style tents, so I can get it for free as long as it wouldn't be rented out otherwise) The Tent will be used coming out of the front of the stage to create a more welcoming space as well as a place for shade. If the last few Spring Burns have been any indication as to the heat we will experience, then this is absolutely necessary.

Caveat to the tent: I am concerned about Fly Ash, if any damage is incurred it would obviously need to be paid for, I do intend on having a hose handy to spray anything that meanders over that way.

$100-200 - Miscellaneous decorations - My intention is to make the area in front of the stage more welcoming and a place to congregate, Bangarang has been tapped as decorators and would like a little spending cash to allow for any items and supplies that they need to get in order to accomplish this.

Total for this Burn is $515-615

Fire Team - Proposed by Rev Dave

Consumable Items:
10 cords of firewood @$200/cord (est) = $2000
10 gallons of tiki fuel @ $12/gal (est) = $120 - includes lamp lighter fuel
Total consumables: $2,120

Infrastructure:
50' trucker chain - $120 (est, inc shipping) - previously requested by our firefighters, previously budgeted, previously approved, never purchased, rebudgeting
Total infrastructure: $120

Total for this Burn is $2,240

Rangers - Proposed by Dinah

Burn items
100 laminates $100
50 manuals $100
Water, ice & snacks $75
Office supplies - tape, scissors, string, etc. $50
Golf cart rental and gas* $250

Communications not needed this burn

Uniforms not needed this burn

Infrastructure not needed this burn

*golf cart rental if someone steps up to take over outside vendor coordination or Rangers are able to take that responsibility for their cart only

Total for this Burn is $575

Drum Conclave - Proposed by Zoe

$50 - materials and production costs for Drum Conclave schwag to thank those that help us out and those that drum with us.

Total for this Burn is $50

Sanctuary - Proposed by Zoe and Andrew

Reusable items:
$100-150 - estimate for shade structures and netting. We likely will not actually need the full $150 budgeted for and will aim to go as low cost as we can, but we wanted to be sure we could cover it.
$20 - tarps for Sanctuary structure floors
$25 - water cooler with spout.
Total reusables: $145-195

Non-reusable items:
$50 - supplies to make laminates for Sanctuary coordinators and volunteers and for Sanctuary logbooks, sharpies, etc.
$25 - Ice (x2 bags/day)
Total non-reusables: $75

Other:
$240 - Radios. we absolutely need three of these. If we need to budget for these individually, great, if we're ordering more in bulk for the event, we'd like to get in on that.

Total for this Burn is $460-510

WWW & Laminates - Proposed by Miss Fidget

$655 - WWW printing
$805 - Laminates
$85 - Taxes

Total for this Burn is $1,545

Gate - Proposed by The Mad Hatter

Gate-specific:
$41 - 7 x 5 Gallon Water bottles (Ticketing & Greeters)
$25 - 1 Water Cooler Rental (Greeters and Parking)
$225 - Wrist Bands (Custom and Numbered)
$325 - Golf Cart (Gate and Parking + gas and delivery)
$100 - Office Supplies
$150 - Snacks, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Ice Tea Mix (For all gate stations)
$20 - 1 bag of ice per station per day (6 bags @ 3.00 each)
$50 - Bug Spray for Ticketing x 4 cans (1 for each day)
$120 - 4 Outdoor Resin Chairs
$62 - Light up Wands for directing traffic (2 back 2 front)
$30 - Safety Vest for Front X 3
$200 - Radios & batteries
Total: $1,348 (Plus shipping costs)

Total for this Burn is $1,348

Vets watching the gates:
We will be hiring the Vets to watch the gates when Ticketing is closed (currently 2am - 9am Thu-Fri, 8pm-9am Sat-Mon), this includes the Pony and Art burns and Overnight Sunday into Monday morning.
Total: $1,300

Total for this Burn is $1,300

Parking - Proposed by Shelly

$50 - 6 hi visibility safety vests
$50 - 6 LED traffic wands
$50 - 6 foot folding table
$20 - 3 x 5 gallon water bottles
$35 - line striping wand (previous one was completely destroyed in the fall)
$40 - onsite parking pass printing

Total for this Burn is $245
Volunteer/Participation Station - Proposed by Lea

General Supplies:
$15 - Raffle tickets
$20 - Miscellaneous office supplies (tape, markers, scissors)
$30 - Snacks
Total: $65

Participation Station/Center Camp:
$20 - Water (4 – 5 gallon jugs)
$10 - Trash Bags
$100 - Base Radio with extra speaker
$30 - Schedule printing
$100 - Ratchet straps + structure repairs per Andy Wing’s request
Total: $260

Laminates/Buttons:
$200 - Buttons (400) (Busy Beaver)
$190 - Laminates (200 + 30) (Minuteman Express)
Total: $200

Golf Cart:
$200 - Golf cart
$50 - Gas Can + Gas
Total: $250

Total without Cart: $525
Total with Cart: $775

Total for this Burn is $775

Theme Camps - Proposed by Heidi

$65 - For flagging Tape to mark Theme Camp borders, Art Placement and roads in the back field.

Total for this Burn is $65

DPW Budget - COPIED FROM FALL 2012 BURN BECAUSE YETI DID NOT SUBMIT A BUDGET

$300 - General expenses fund
$200 - Work Weekend expenses
$225 - Golf cart and gas
Total: $500

Total for this Burn is $500

Fire Perimeter - Proposed by Niki/Shenanigans

$160 - Radio (2), coordinator and co-coordinator - one time purchase
$32 - Radio earbuds (2) - one time purchase
$24 - Laminates (24), approx. cost

Total for this Burn is $192

Sum Total for this Burn is $10,495

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Order of Business - New Business

Purchasing Coordinator - submitted by The Mad Hatter

Discussion of the creation of a purchasing coordinator who job will be to coordinate the purchasing/renting of non-coordinator specific items such as the carts, water coolers, wood and potties (wood and potties are currently handled by the BOD, but things such as increasing/reducing their numbers and negotiating prices could be handled by this new position). The person taking this position would also be responsible for taking delivery and distributing the items prior to the burn, as well as collecting, cleaning, noting damage and returning the items after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

A few things from your PC Coordinator.
PC meetings will be held on the second Saturday or Sunday of each month (alternating), in order to make scheduling easier for everyone. Of course, scheduling will be flexible based on large events so not to conflict with things that draw a significant portion of our population.
Call-outs for agenda items will be posted approximately one week before the meeting, usually the Monday before. All agenda items are due the Thursday/Friday before the meeting, so that the agenda can be posted in advance. All items need to be posted to the PONY in the appropriate thread (or sent to the PC Coordinator directly), or they will not be included in the Agenda.
Upcoming PC meeting schedule:
Saturday, March 9 - Budget vote
Sunday, April 14 - Wrap up final items for Spring Burn
Saturday, May 11 - Meeting will only be held in emergency


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 342
PDF Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
Sunday, February 10, 11:00 AM

Purpose of meeting: Planning for Spring 2013 Burn

Agenda summary: Vote on old business, discuss budgets and minor new business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees:
Emily D.
Devin T.
Victory
Rumrunner
Melly
1K
Matt Hart
Hot Foot (formerly Dinah)
Hatter
Zoe
Barbara
Jen F.
Shelly
Diana Smiles
Just Leah
MamaMojo
Rev Dave
Sticky
Tia Burnswell
Dove
Lizard
Turtle
Julie
Devon
Dusty Nipples
Still Johnson
Yeti
Smarty Marty

Meeting called to order at 11:09

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Order of Business - Old Business

MASH Camp Reserve Tickets - submitted by Rumrunner

Call for Vote by Emily. Seconded by Devin.
Passed via Unanimous Consent.

Sanctuary - submitted by Zoe

Hatter – Not able to add new volunteer functions for this burn on the website. Can be added to the participation station and link to a spreadsheet could be put on the website.
Rumrunner – Point of clarification: The reserves are linked to the position as co-coordinator, which happens to be currently filled by Zoe and Andrew.

Call for Vote by Emily. Seconded by Devin.
Passed via Unanimous Consent

Ticketing Proposal - submitted by Mad Hatter based on previously submitted proposal from Bryan Boru

Emily motions to vote. Seconded by Devin.

Emily D. - No
Devin T. - No
Victory - No
Rumrunner - Aye
Melly - Aye
1K - Aye
Matt Hart - Aye
Hot Foot - Dinah - Aye
Hatter - Aye
Zoe - No
Barbara - Aye
Jen F. - No
Shelly - Aye
Diana Smiles - Aye
MamaMojo - Aye
Rev Dave - No
Sticky - No
Tia Burnswell - Abstain
Dove - No
Lizard - No
Turtle - Aye
Just Leah - Aye
Julie - Aye
Devon - Aye
Dusty Nipples - No
Still Johnson - Abstain
Yeti - Abstain
Smarty Marty - Aye

Ayes - 14
Nays - 10
Abstain – 3

Motion passes. PC to publish publicly and inform Ben of new limit of 4 tickets per purchaser.

Exodus Coordinator - submitted by Fritz

Emily motions for a vote. Devin Seconded.

Emily D. - No
Devin T. - Aye
Victory - Aye
Rumrunner - Aye
Melly - Aye
1K - Aye
Matt Hart - Aye
Hot Foot - Aye
Hatter - Abstain
Zoe - Aye
Barbara - Aye
Jen F. - Aye
Shelly - Aye
Diana Smiles - Aye
Just Leah - Aye
MamaMojo - Aye
Rev Dave - Aye
Sticky - Abstain
Tia Burnswell - Abstain
Dove - Abstain
Lizard - Abstain
Turtle - Abstain
Julie - Abstain
Devon - Aye
Dusty Nipples - Abstain
Still Johnson - Aye
Yeti - No
Smarty Marty - Abstain

Aye - 17
No - 2
Abstain - 9

Motion passes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Order of Business - Budget Discussion

Hatter – Need to jump off the call, can we take the agenda out of order?
Emily – Agenda to be taken out of order.

MASH Camp - Proposed by Rumrunner

No discussion

Stage - Proposed by Matt Hart

Victory – Concern with the Tent. With past history of ash, it sounds as if there is a high risk of damage to the item.
Matt H – I think it will be ok. I’ll be standing there with a
Devin – Matt, would you be comfortable taking on the risk for this item?
Matt – Why should I have to do that?
Devin – With the damage this past burn to the carts, we should be really considering the risk function that we take on.
Matt – It won’t be up Sunday night, and I’ll be there Saturday night.
RumRunner – I don’t think the issue is if you’ll be prepared. The concern is having PDF be liable. It’s a 3k to 4k charge.
Matt – I work at the place I’d be borrowing it from. It’d be a free tent, assuming nothing happens to it.
Emily – That caveat is what a lot of people seem like they’re concerned with. The burn team does as well as it can, but it’s still a fire. I personally wouldn’t want to see PDF be liable for something that we’d be borrowing from someone else. If it was infrastructure purchases, then it’d be our cost.
Barbara – I would feel uncomfortable if something like this wasn’t in writing.
Matt – I’m not opposed to buying a tent either, but this was intended as a trial run. I’ve been asked to try to do more with the stage.
Rev Dave – The folks who rent often have insurance on those items. Is that available and if so how much would it cost?
Matt – I could put the rental in directly, there is a damage waiver.
Emily – Can you look into that and get back to me so I can post it publically. That needs to be clarified. Costs involved in renting it, plus the damage waiver/insurance costs. Additionally, can you reach out to the board regarding the cost of damage to get their willingness to be held liable for damages?
Devin – Decorations are going to be reusable items?
Matt H – I’ve talked with Bangarang, anything like that will need to be used for multiple events.

Fire Team - Proposed by Rev Dave

No discussion

Rangers - Proposed by Dinah

Devin – Is there some controls to make sure we’re not duplicating laminates?
Hatter – Yes, coordination is being done.
Rumrunner – Clarification, the laminates are being coordinated through WWW except for Rangers.

Drum Conclave - Proposed by Zoe

No discussion

Sanctuary - Proposed by Zoe and Andrew

RumRunner – The EZ-ups tend to get trashed between multiple burns. What sort of shade structure are you looking at purchasing?
Zoe – Considering the issue with bugs, we’d be looking for something enclosed with mosquito netting. 2 – 10’x10’ from Campco.
RumRunner- ours was purchased for $250 for a 10’x20’ that is rather heavy duty.
Devin – Durable reusable items tend to be looked on better by the PC. Rather than 1 or 2 burn disposables. I’ve used the Campco brand EZ-ups before, they’re aluminum and not particularly heavy duty.
Rev Dave – this doesn’t need to be answered on the call: As we get more shade structures, would it make sense to start standardizing purchases so we can make sure all of our parts are compatible?

WWW & Laminates - Proposed by Miss Fidget

Devin – That’s a big number for laminates. Do we have any sense of how many of those that actually represents? Melly, can you weigh in as you used to purchase items?
Melly – I used to take them all home after events and then order the missing ones to refill. So the cost was much lower than that. We used to keep 150 Gate, 150 Part, 40 Sound. I can work some of these numbers around and post that to try to bring those numbers down? The only ones I never ordered were Rangers.
Emily – I think laminates may be being double counted here and at Participation’s Budget. I’ll bring Hot Foot, Leah, Melly, and Miss Fidget to make sure we’re not duplicating.

Gate - Proposed by The Mad Hatter

Hatter – Need to amend the agenda to include the purchase of 2 radios to allow for full-site coverage, at additional $200.
Devin – Can you explain the variance between the budget items today and 2 years ago when the budget was, reducing security from it, half of what it is today?
Hatter- Wristbands cost more and chairs.
Devin - What just got itemized is a $100 portion of a nearly $700 increase in budget.

Parking - Proposed by Shelly

Still Johnson – In Parking and Gate budgets, both are looking for 5 gallon water. Should it be purchased rather than rented?
Devin – The issue originally was storage. We have limited space in the shed, and water coolers require cleaning and maintenance.
Shelly – Greeters and Parking share the rental units of water.
Devin – Do we have a sense of how much the general participants have been using the water?
Shelly – I don’t think they have been much. The unit is back behind the table.
Rumrunner- MASH has a 5 gallon jug that we refill at the spigot for the general population.

Volunteer/Participation Station - Proposed by Lea

RumRunner – There’re laminates in both items.
Emily – I think you’re correct, they’re in both budgets.
Leah - The Laminates can come off the budget if they’re being double counted.
Devin – With laminates being moved into other people’s budgets, which is the bulk of what the budget used t obe, what is going into the budget now to keep it as high as it was 2 years ago?
Diana – We can’t go over the budget currently. Can we take this to the PONY?
Devin – Can we get an open-slots versus open-slots comparison over the past few burns so we can see the effectiveness of all these new processes (raffle, snacks, etc)?
RumRunner – At HarborFreight, we can get a 4-pack of 25’ long straps for $10.

Theme Camps - Proposed by Heidi

Devin – Heidi, I love you, your budget has been effectively flat for the past 4 years.

DPW Budget - COPIED FROM FALL 2012 BURN BECAUSE YETI DID NOT SUBMIT A BUDGET

Yeti – I’d like to remove the cart from my budget. New budget line drops it down to $500, the other two are just ‘if-needed’ to cover things that are needed during the event.

Fire Perimeter - Proposed by Niki/Shenanigans

Devin – This isn’t directed to Niki specifically, but we should probably put an audit in for radios to figure out who has what where?
Niki – I was previously using Sound Team’s radios, and those were no longer around, so
Emily – Offline, can we get coordinators to post who has radios, how many of them there are, and where they’re distributed at event so we can track PDF property.

Emily – Budget as discussed to date for this year’s event is $10,495

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Order of Business - New Business

Purchasing Coordinator - submitted by The Mad Hatter

Fritz – Purchasing Coordinator could take on the role of procurement tracking (radios as mentioned above). We need to figure out new purchases, or selling off of old items.
Devin – Point of Order: Selling of any items without BOD approval would be a sticky problem with the IRS.
Barbara – I’ve seen centralized check-in and check-out at other events where a single entity/person handles signing out all radios.
RumRunner – If its voted on for the next meeting, if it isn’t in place, will each department be responsible for their own purchases?
Emily- The goal will be to find someone in advance of the vote to fill the position if it is approved. Nobody should be purchasing big items until budgets are approved, that’s why we do budget votes 2 months before the event.
Emily – Position will be fleshed out further and discussed on the PONY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth Order of Business - Planning Committee Business

A few things from your PC Coordinator.
PC meetings will be held on the second Saturday or Sunday of each month (alternating), in order to make scheduling easier for everyone. Of course, scheduling will be flexible based on large events so not to conflict with things that draw a significant portion of our population.
Call-outs for agenda items will be posted approximately one week before the meeting, usually the Monday before. All agenda items are due the Thursday/Friday before the meeting, so that the agenda can be posted in advance. All items need to be posted to the PONY in the appropriate thread (or sent to the PC Coordinator directly), or they will not be included in the Agenda.
Upcoming PC meeting schedule:
Saturday, March 9 - Budget vote
Sunday, April 14 - Wrap up final items for Spring Burn
Saturday, May 11 - Meeting will only be held in emergency

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin motions to adjourn. Emily Seconded.
Passed via Unanimous Consent.

Meeting adjourned at 12:39pm.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group