DPW APTER APTICAN REEEPRRT
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1obq ... sp=sharing

Draft - DPW Order of Operations
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XHz ... sp=sharing

quare hoc dicere?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 am 

Pony Wrangler Spring 2018

***THE GOOD***
We had a unique and wonderful Pony effigy created by community member Sean Pietras. He kept me informed of his progress the entire time, and from the videos I’ve seen, it looked wonderful. (Pony Wrangler took this burn off, so I didn’t see it in person)

***THE BAD***
Funds got tight during the building process, until the amazing, incredible, wonderful Ursula actually took a check to Sean. She didn’t mail it, she didn’t do paypal, she actually went to his place and gave him a check so he could finish the project.

We may need to consider a different method of funding the Pony build in the future so we don’t run into this again. The total grant is for $2400, but the builder only gets half up front, and is supposed to put out the rest, then wait for reimbursement after the burn. Could we consider something like doling out Home Depot or Lowe’s gift cards - maybe $400 to $600 at a time, and get receipts from the builder as the project goes along? Or can we do a builder’s wish list on homedepot.com and pay for it with the PDF credit card? There’s got to be a better way to do this than to expect the Pony builder to shell out $1200 of their own money.

***THE UGLY***
Communications with Fire team lead Bryan Boru were not as smooth as they could have been. I didn’t know if we were going to do a big burn at all until a few weeks before the event, because I heard nothing about his interaction with the fire marshall.

He also asked me for information about the size of the Pony just a few weeks before the event. I gave him every bit of material I had gotten from the builder - his application, a video model and more. Never heard back about whether or not it was okay. I guess it was, because you all burned a Pony.

***ONE MORE UGLY***
Let’s make a point of getting the application process started earlier in the year, please. Under the best of circumstances, artists should have a least four months to build a Pony. It’s understandable that things got delayed and re-arranged this time around because of the big move and the website changes, but in the future, I think the goal should be to get those applications out there, and let the Pony begging begin in January.