P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DPW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 am 

First I want to apologize for leaving the back gates the way they were. I understand that wasn't something you were expecting, but there seemed to have been some mis-communication about what DPW was/wasn't supposed to do. I was told that someone talked to DPW and was told you guys would take care of breaking down and putting away the gates. Sorry about that.

Prior to the spring burn I'd like to discuss exactly what we should expect from DPW at both Pre and Post burn so we don't run into another situation of you guys being there till 6-7 at night.

My understanding was this:
Pre Burn
- Drop off all Materials to all stations from the shed.
- Put up all structures
- Set up parking with cones, flags etc.
- Do any pre-burn last minute items like power washing the pavilion/showers etc.

Post-Burn
- Take down and pack all structures
- Pick up items from all stations and pack the shed
- Take down all cones, flags, signs from parking

I created my early entry team based on these assumptions. So I think having this all laid out before spring would help to make sure we don't screw you guys with more work then you intended to do. Or, if you are ok with doing all of the above, we can make sure we get you the crew to handle the work.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Hatter

Post subject: Re: DPW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 pm 

Question, if more people were needed for clean up, why was the ambulance driving around ordering people to leave? If I had known more hands were needed, we could have done a little work (not much, as it was we weren't home until 9 pm) before leaving. As it was, we did our best to get finished and our campmates broken down car on the road before getting yelled at more.

Yes, it means more people staying late, but if everyone there past noon spent 20 minutes helping, that could mean the DPW crew got out of there an hour or two earlier than they actually did...

(And, THANK YOU to the DPW! You guys really do rock!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 am 

Hatter and Hunnybear it does seem that some miscommunication occured.

There are multiple options here inthat more crew or more breakdown.

1. Bigger DPW crew for set up and break down
2. Bigger DPW crew 1 for set up 1 for breakdown
3. All coordinators make sure their stuff is broken down and in piles for pick up. Some exceptions could be big structures that need multiple persons to break down.

I think all options are open for discussion and all are feasible. That is my opinion and Yeti is the man that we all follow on this.

Two things I would like to have persons reiterate and make sure that all know is not to burn metal cans. These did not burn and had to be dug out of the ashes from the burn barrels. In addition, the trash should at a minimum be bagged. The front gate was boxed and not a huge issue, we like that.

MASH Camp Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 pm 

I broke down the front on Monday morning just because I wanted to take inventory and keep things organized. But it took me a while so I didn't get to the back at all or I would have been there till 2 breaking down my own camp. If that is what we decide to do in the future than I would get the Early Entry setup crew to help with break down as well in the future.

I personally would love it if DPW were responsible for delivery and Setup/Break down of structures and the coordinators responsible for packing up each of the locations. I just want to make sure we're consistent so I can coordinate enough volunteers to help with Setup/Breakdown.

Hatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:49 pm 

Hatter that does sound good and almost a happy middle of the road.

MASH Camp Coordinator