Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 pm 

Info below for the next PC meeting!

Date: Sunday, July 13
Time: 3pm
Call-in information: 1-712-432-3100, code is 593879

At this meeting, we will begin planning for the Fall 2014 Burn. All large event-wide changes should be discussed at this meeting so that there is time to implement them before Fall. Also, we will begin discussing department budgets at this meeting. Coordinators, if you need a little more time to purchase items or if you may have something controversial in your budget, please submit it meow! Budgets not discussed at this meeting will be on the agenda in August.

Everyone is welcome (and encouraged!) to join. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All agenda items are due on Friday, July 11 at NOON!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 am 

The only thing I had in mind for back/gate greeters that might constitute a large scale expenditure was investigating how doable it would be to get better lighting at back gate - specifically something like the large light towers that the vets have intermittently set up in the past. At night, particularly when the weather is iffy, visibility at back gate isn't always ideal for checking wristbands and the like.

I had suggested that it might be worth having a shade structure in deep parking for the volunteers, but I don't know if that would be a budget item for gate or parking.

I had also suggested it would be helpful to procure a sturdy bag of some kind to hold the poles and assorted miscellany for the current back gate shade structure, but I don't know the dimensions needed, so don't have anything specific to recommend. If no one from Parking or DPW has a suggestion, then I can take measurements during setup in the fall to revisit this for Spring 2015.

I don't have anything like a formal budget assembled yet, but at the moment, I don't expect one to contain anything other than assorted office supplies for sign making.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:02 am 
Site Admin

MASH Fall Budget:

The cot is from Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot - We had that requested from some that would have taken overnight shifts if they could sleep.
The Dry Erase Board is from Quartet Dry Erase Board With Aluminum Frame 24 x 36 . It will be used to list who is on call and to notify that they are on shift and may be sleeping at night and to come on in. Night shifts are the hardest to fill so this hopefully will help.

Any questions, concerns, or whatever, let me know.
Radar

Sum of Fall 2014 Budgeted
Infrastructure Recurring Grand Total
Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot 100.00 100.00
Dry Erase Board $ 35.00 35.00
Gas for Cart 20.00 20.00
Ice from Vets $ 35.00 $ 35.00
Misc first aid supplies $ 60.00 $ 60.00
Propane for heater (only billed if used) $ 17.00 $ 17.00
Golf Cart + delivery fee $ 275.00 $ 275.00
Grand Total $ 135.00 $ 407.00 $ 542.00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:46 pm 

Agenda Item for discussion:

Would a few bales of hay helped blot up the roadways and parking lots at their muddiest points this past burn? Should we consider having 20-30 bales of hay delivered if there's rain in the forecast? (My guesstimate on the price would $300-$400)

The Vets used to have a few bales on the grounds, but we used them all up.

I've used hay in my yard before a party when the ground was muddy. It worked well enough and disappeared within 3-5 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 pm 

Burning Art:
17 cords of wood @ $166/cord = $2822 (13 ordered, plus up to 4 more if it ends up cold)
Fuel for lanterns and art burns = $120 (will probably be less, but still adjusting to new fuel blend)
Fuel sprayer (will reduce the fuel that ends up on the ground and improve the burn) = $35
Cotton rags (because pouring kero on a stick as a ignition strategy is... uh... less than optimal) = $10

Subtotal $2987
(And I believe Devin has something he's researching separately)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 pm 

The agenda is available for download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/685 ... Agenda.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:51 am 

Stage Budget:

Truck Rental: We will only need to budget for a van rental this burn since we will not be hauling any art.

Last burn the Rental truck was ~860$ but we had to get a box truck which was not covered under insurance, and the optional insurance was purchased. Getting a van negates the need for the optional insurance, as I would be covered under normal insurance. The last time the van was rented the rental cost was ~$500

It is hard to budget exactly for the truck as rental rates are not readily available. So this budget is only an estimate with a more exact cost available by the budget voting meeting.

So Stage Budget is as follows:

Truck Rental: ~$500

Camp Fogie
www.deephouselounge.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:00 pm 

Agenda items were due at NOON ON FRIDAY. Your budget will have to wait until next month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:24 pm 

Hey question! During the July meeting there was a budget item or two that we were considering removing/revising before voting comes up in August. Should we get those discussions started here? Or if not, what's the protocol for revision prior to the vote coming up?

Cheers.
-Owsla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 pm 

Owsla wrote:
Hey question! During the July meeting there was a budget item or two that we were considering removing/revising before voting comes up in August. Should we get those discussions started here? Or if not, what's the protocol for revision prior to the vote coming up?

We're doing two rounds of budget discussion (hopefully keeping meetings shorter), so same as it was for this meeting: Get your (revised) budget in at least a few days before the meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am 

Maybe jumping the gun here, but is there any info on when (in the day) the August PC meeting this Saturday is going to be? Is 3pm the standard time? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:53 am 

Announcement coming this afternoon! I try to vary the times between morning and afternoon, so this week's will prolly be earlier on Saturday (around 11ish). :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:21 pm 

Awesome! Thanks. :)