P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Child Registery Book
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:55 am 

Apparently at Spring PDF, children were a little too mischievous and cause some problems with community members equipment.

How does the community feel about creating a child registry. Then community members can find the parents for the child misbehaving and return the misbehaving child to the parents/adult responsible for the minor at PDF.

At spring PDF there was about 25 children present at the event, from the numbers from the wristband log book.

The child registry would contain, parents name, child name, phone number and on site camp placement at PDF.

On the other hand we could just keep the waivers parent/child together in a separate binder and make a notation on the waiver for on site camp placement at PDF.

The minors wristbands will be a little different, starting in the Fall , the parent/child name on the front of the wristband, and camp location will be written on the inside of the wristband.

Another suggestion, drop the mischievous child off at Lost and Found at Part Station :D

Post subject: Re: Child Registery Book
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:05 pm 

I think for the fall, I like the idea of sticking the parent/minor waivers in a separate binder. That way, they're easier to find. With the wristband identification, it should be a lot more manageable if problems arise. And, if necessary, we can discuss more policy changes for the Spring if there are still problems with minors.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 pm 

Hmm I never got a wristband for my son last spring? :P he wasn't a trouble maker though and didn't leave his dad or I the whole time.

FYI: four families are creating a kids camp in the very front of the front field. We are not a drop off babysitting service, but if you need a location to hold a lost soul, I believe we would assist in that (you would just have to confirm with whoever was in camp at the time) and could be a good meeting point? if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:33 am 

hmmm, i think it's a great idea for sure. hope to hear some positive regarding this

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm 

Any children or adults dropped off at Participation Station as Lost & Found items will be considered Burnable Art :twisted:

Love the separate binder idea!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:56 pm 

Response to Hunnybear: Your little munchkin does not cause any problems and I do not think you let him roam freely around PDF. It seems the older children in the community are the ones causing the problems with other community members.

Also any community members having a problem with mischievous children at PDF, bring it up at the event not after the event takes place, so the problem can be addressed immediately with all the involved in the situation :D