P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

Proposal

Increasing the ticket cap with volunteer reserved tickets for general volunteers, because every volunteer is important to running the event. Several community members have suggested this in the past and it has been shot down several times. Its time to make this a reality. Some departments do not have this problem, for Gate departments, such as Greeters, Ticketing and Parking we do....
Yes, this suggestion will create some more work for some coordinators and BOD, it will also alleviate work and stress of coordinators during the event, because we will hopefully have a full or almost full staff of volunteers before the event starts. I think we would have more slots filled before the event due to the carrot of a reserved ticket. Every burn the volunteer pool is different, it always changes and inconsistent, one burn we have a great volunteerism, then the next burn poor volunteerism.

A participant volunteers for 6 hours, either 2 three hour shift lead shifts or 3 two hour volunteer shifts.

The Front and Back gate already have a volunteer shift log book to record volunteer attendance for his or her volunteer shifts.

The volunteer shift logs books can be updated to record additional information such as email address and have two people to sign off for completed shift, such as shift lead, Coordinators and Assistant Coordinator, or G.O.D.'s.

After the event, coordinators would record the reserved volunteer ticket list into a google spreadsheet for his or her department for the following burn. The reserved ticket would be forwarded to the current BOD member responsible for the reserved tickets for the following burn.

Coordinators would send emails out to the volunteers who received the reserved to the following burn or the burn the participant chooses to attend.

During the reserved ticket sales volunteers would be able to purchase a reserved ticket to the burn.

Communication to our community about the new reserved ticket for volunteer shifts are the following: web site announcement, notices during ticket sales, posts on FB, notices on the BPE, emails sent out to volunteers by department coordinators.

Proposal
A reserved ticket for Coordinators to Burning Man :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:00 pm 

Proposal to change reserved ticketing policy
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3331&p=9313&hilit=reserved+tickets#p9313

Proposal for reserved ticket count changed.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3640&p=9716&hilit=reserved+tickets#p9716

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:22 am 

Up dated: Proposal for Reserved Tickets for

Every volunteer is important to running the event. Several community members have suggested this in the past and it has been shot down several times. Its time to make this a reality. Some departments do not have this problem, for Gate departments, such as Greeters, Ticketing and Parking we do....
Yes, this suggestion will create some more work for some coordinators and BOD, it will also alleviate work and stress of coordinators during the event, because we will hopefully have a full or almost full staff of volunteers before the event starts. I think we would have more slots filled before the event due to the carrot of a reserved ticket. Every burn the volunteer pool is different, it always changes and inconsistent, one burn we have a great volunteerism, then the next burn poor volunteerism.

A participant volunteers for 6 hours, either 2 three hour shift lead shifts or 3 two hour volunteer shifts.

The Front and Back gate already have a volunteer shift log book to record volunteer attendance for his or her volunteer shifts. A simple log for recording participant information on site either on smartphone/computer or old fashion pen and paper.
The volunteer shift logs books can be updated to record additional information such as email address and have two people to sign off for completed shift, such as shift lead, Coordinators and Assistant Coordinator, or G.O.D.'s. Other departments would need to create their own log to create and record participant information for reserved ticket.

After the event, coordinators would record the reserved volunteer ticket list into a google spreadsheet for his or her department for the following burn. The spreadsheet would need to be completed by coordinators. The dates for completion of the spreadsheet would be when afterburn reports are due to the PC. Its might seem early to us, we do not currently know how much extra work will be created for the volunteer programming the additional reserved tickets. The reserved ticket would be forwarded to the current BOD or volunteer responsible for the reserved tickets for the following burn.

Coordinators would send emails out to the volunteers who received the reserved to the following burn.

During the reserved ticket sales volunteers would be able to purchase a reserved ticket to the burn. We could have a separate round of ticket sales for this round.

Communication to our community about the new reserved ticket for volunteer shifts are the following: web site announcement, notices during ticket sales, posts on FB, notices on the BPE, emails sent out to volunteers by department coordinators.

The volunteer reserved tickets would come out of the general ticket cap. All current departments would keep current reserved tickets for their department.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:04 pm 

Up date: We need to collect data from the Spring Burn to know how many reserved ticket will be pulled from the general ticket sales.

Department Coordinators who are interested in participating in reserved tickets for department volunteers for Fall 2017. During the Spring 2017 burn coordinators need to collect this information. Your department volunteers might receive a reserved ticket to the Fall 2017 burn, pending data/PC approval.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:10 pm 

Would there be a possibility - I know this is all just being worked out - if volunteers would be able to have access to a reserve ticket for not necessarily the very next PDF, but could have the option of choosing the next PDF or the one immediately after.

For clarity, and using myself as an example, I volunteer for ranger shifts - try to take two per burn, or more if I am there longer, as well as DPW when I can. However, I usually do not attend Fall PDF because of work restrictions, parenting responsibilities, etc. So, earning the right to a reserve ticket for Fall PDF because of having volunteered in Spring PDF, really does nothing for me. What would be useful and encouraging would be if I could have access to a reserve ticket for the following Spring PDF if I don't use it for Fall PDF. (For example, if I go to Spring PDF 2017, volunteer and qualify for a reserve, but cannot attend Fall 2017, I could use my reserve ticket for Spring 2018?)

Thanks for your consideration!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:20 pm 

I understand your dilemma, so maybe we change it a little.

Thinking about the general ticket pool. How many tickets would be for sale for SP18 after the volunteer reserved tickets are sold, if most volunteers choose this option from the Spring and Fall event????

Spin off of your dilemma, only attend one burn either Spring or Fall.

Then have the volunteers receive an reserved ticket to the burn he or she volunteered for...
Example: Participant volunteers during Spring 2017 for 6 hours to qualify for a reserved ticket to Spring 2018. Participant volunteers during Fall 2017 for 6 hours to qualify for a reserved ticket to Fall 2018.The participant would wait for a year to obtain reserved ticket. PDF does take place two times during the year. The extra time would allow coordinators to collect data for the Spring and Fall event. Then we would know the number of tickets being sold in the general ticket sale rounds to the community.