|P . O . N . Y .
|Proposal: Changes to BOD Member Elections / Removals
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||mtoohey [ Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Proposal: Changes to BOD Member Elections / Removals|
This proposal is to address the disconnect between the Board and the PC in the operations of Playa Del Fuego. Having served as a Coordinator and a Board Member, I have witnessed these disconnects first hand. The BoD operates on its own with very little community input and the PC focuses mainly on the operation of the events. The first line of the Playa Del Fuego mission statement is as follows "Playa del Fuego, Inc. is a non-profit, participant-directed organization whose mission is to hold interactive events that promote artistic creativity and freedom of expression." - The key being "Participant Directed". Participants are not included on Board Calls (unless invited) and are often not heard from. This proposal hopes to add a level of transparency to the BOD. The proposal is as follows.
1. Board Members are elected for 2 year terms.
2. No Board Member shall serve more than 3 consecutive terms
3. The Board Members are nominated via the PC and voted on via the PC by majority vote.
4. The Board Elections are held once a year, prior to Spring PDF.
5. Board Member Removals shall be held via majority vote via the PC.
6. Board Officer elections shall be held via PC.
7. Board Members will need to attend PC Calls and interact with the community.
The Board must be held accountable for its actions (or inaction).
Thank you for accepting this proposal.
|Author:||mimisabah [ Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:43 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Proposal: Changes to BOD Member Elections / Removals|
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group