P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:35 pm 

I propose that rather than touch our land purchase fund for whatever improvements are needed at the new site, we increase ticket prices if necessary.

You may have seen a note from the BoD president, Patty, who mentioned that we may need some serious cash for the new site, and that coordinators may need to discuss where that money comes from.

As a land search committee member, I can tell you that buying land in the near future may no longer be optional. It's most likely going to be necessary. We searched and researched and dug and clawed to find rental options and found only two contenders - the Tamaqua site and Ramblewood. THAT WAS ALL. If we get booted from the Tamaqua site or find out it's contaminated with God knows what or for any other reason, we are screwed, because Ramblewood has been taken off the table.

Therefore, we need to get money together for an eventual land purchase. In light of that, I'm also going to ask that every coordinator cut their budgets as much as possible. That means no more $4200 gate budgets. That means things like pooling resources, making gear that we already have on hand last and making our own swag to give volunteers instead of buying stuff. Hell. I'm even willing to cut the amount of wood we buy.

Furthermore, I would suggest we propose to the BoD that every spare nickel we have goes to the land purchase fund. But that proposal will come in a separate note to be considered at a future PC meeting. Right now, I think it best that we focus on land purchase money vs. ticket cost increase.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:24 pm 

tldr-Seed corn must not be ground.

Well said, good luck.