P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 am 

For the last 5 years or so I've just been riding on the coat tails of ticketing (since I also handle the ticketing computer) for a reserved ticket as well as to get in early so I can set up said ticketing computer and trouble shoot any last minute issue that arise.

Rather then continue to take away one of gate's limited reserved tickets, I'd like to make my position an official one going forward. Below is my proposal for a new department.

Official Proposal

- Creation of a new department within the Playa del Fuego event organization.
- Department to be named Tech or Technologies Department
(I wanted to get away from Web team since the responsibilities expand beyond just the website, we can still have a Web Team as part of the technologies department).
- To start the department should have 2 coordinators to start with the option to add a 3rd asst coordinator as needed.
- Department should have the standard set of reserved tickets, one for each active coordinator.
- Department should be provided a minimum of 1 and an ideal set of 2 early entry and admittance slots. This will be particularly important to make sure the system works in our new location.

Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of the website.
- Updating and maintenance of onsite ticketing computers (hardware) as well as coordination with BOD on new tech coming down the pipe.
- Updating and maintenance of onsite ticketing computers (software) as well as coordination with BOD on new tech coming down the pipe.
- Providing assistance and instruction to other department leads for adding/maintaining content on the website. (Each department will have their own page, maintainable by them).
- Updating and preparing the website for registrations prior to each PDF event.
- Working with the communications department to make sure the website contains the most up to date information.
- Update and maintenance of all non-department specific mailing lists.
- Creation and presentation of any required budget spending needed to maintain, update and above stated technology including but not limited to hosting, paid website modules, new ticketing software, new ticketing computers, other hardware required to run new hardware.
- Handling after-burn reporting and presentation.
- Handling Budget proposals.
- Handling Expense reports.

Please Note that I cannot be present during the next PC call to field any questions or concerns (I'm going to Disney World!!). I did however want to get this on the docket for discussion and I'll be happy to answers any questions on the boards when I return. As an alternative proposal, I know there is talk of creating a communications department to (officially) handle the dissemination of information through the official and unofficial facebook pages, twitter and most importantly the BPE. If that is something we have in the works and there is someone else who is looking to take that on (Alfred? Diana?), it might not be a bad idea to have these as a single department. I would request that we approve all 3 coordinator positions at that point though (2 co-leads - one for communications and one for tech, and an asst to fill in for either role when one of the leads is unavailable).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am 

I read that there was some additional questions about this position and its responsibilities.

Please post questions here and I would be happy to answer them.

Hatter