P . O . N . Y .

Planning and Organization Needs You!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm 

Our first PC meeting of the new year is approaching!

Date: Sunday, January 8
Time: 12 noon

Call-in information: 1-712-432-3100, code is 833217

We will begin planning for the 2017 Spring Burn! Send in your proposals now!

Meetings are open to anyone in our community, all you have to do is call in to participate! We follow the agendas pretty closely, so be sure to submit any items you want to talk about below (and by the agenda deadline) to get them on this meeting's agenda. More information on how PC meetings are run can be found on the PDF website: http://playadelfuego.org/planningcommittee

All agenda items (e.g., After Burn reports!) are due on FRIDAY January 6 by 5PM.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 pm 

Agenda item - Bring Public Transit to PDF

Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a shiny loud shuttle that ran a pre-determined loop at PDF?

This shiny bright loud shuttle would stop at marked stops and be equally available to everyone at PDF. It would provide much needed transport assistance while building community spirit. Replacing multiple lower volume vehicles with fewer higher volume vehicles would lessen the events environmental impact, possibly reducing total fuel consumption and insurance cost. Swapping several drab quasi official/quasi personal carts for a shiny bright loud shuttle of sharing would help increase PDF’s WOW factor immensely. Creating a mother jumper of a communal art car is one of the few high impact burnerific improvements to be made at Firebase Lloyd.

The shuttle could be partially funded by reducing the total number of carts rented. Some carts are vital for event safety. But not all.

The rented shuttle could be many things. A groovy thing firemen know about, flatbed w/ rope lights and sound rig, a few beefy carts w/ small trailers, something else. Blinging it could be a recurring art grant project or the most frivolous thing DPW does.

I’ve thought of other details but brevity yo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 pm 

Hey Ms. Fidget!

To my eyes this would go onto the agenda as a discussion item, as it doesn't seem to be in proposal form yet (e.g., no specific plan of action outlined, etc.). Is that in line with your intention here? :)

-Owsla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am 

Hi Owsla,
Yes, as a discussion item. Thanks for the guidance, I am rusty on the finer points of the PC.
MsF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm 

Hi Owsla-
I'd like to add the Ranger Budget for Spring 2017 to the agenda for the January PC meeting.

Proposed Budget

Printing for burn: $75.00
Consent Posters
$75.00 30 x $2.50

Consumables: $85.00
Juice, snacks $35.00
Hot/cold H2O bubbler;
2 x 5 gallon bottles $50.00

Ranger Cart: $350 00
Golf cart rental and delivery $325.00
Extra gas for gold cart $25.00

Uniforms $470.00
PDF Ranger Uniform Patches§ $470.00 50* x $9.38

TOTAL $980.00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:30 pm 

Back Gate Greeter proposal:

I would like 1 golf cart for Greeters to be used to help with transportation of participants and their gear during Carry In/Carry Out and night time arrivals when it may be a great idea for cars to drive in. This would supplement the Vet's tractor, or replace it if it is not working like last time. This would help Back Field campers tremendously where, I believe, most of our participants reside for the weekend. I feel that this would also boost morale for both participants receiving and volunteers dispersing such Carry In information.
If(ha ha, when) back field conditions are undesirable, the cat would make stops at designated points (probably along Baconne) to reduce the chance of getting stuck.
Strictly stealing the numbers off the Ranger budget, this would add $350 to the Back Gate Greeter budget.

I would love to hear feedback on this.
I also now see a discussion point for a playa transit bus which, in my opinion, would replace this idea if approved.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 pm 

Proposal

For future PDF's I am suggesting to officially close the Gates at Midnight on Thursday and Friday evenings. Also to officially closed the Gates Saturday night and Sunday night at 6:00 PM. We seem to always be scrambling for last minute volunteers for these times. I would like the BOD to speak with the Vets about increasing the total number of extra hours, which is 16 hours per burn at 16.00 per hour, total expense for PDF 256.00. Its not going to break the PDF bank ;)

We would need confirmation from The Vets if they are willing to take on the extra hours.

We would need to notify the Web Team for adjustments to the volunteer schedule to reflect any changes for the new Gate hours.

Communication to the community in the following methods about the changes of the New Gate Hours: web site announcement, notices during ticket sales, posts on FB, notices on the BPE, emails sent out to volunteers by department coordinators, new hours on the ticket.

Proposal

Increasing the ticket cap with volunteer reserved tickets for general volunteers, because every volunteer is important to running the event. Several community members have suggested this in the past and it has been shot down several times. Its time to make this a reality. Some departments do not have this problem, for Gate departments, such as Greeters, Ticketing and Parking we do....
Yes, this suggestion will create some more work for some coordinators and BOD, it will also alleviate work and stress of coordinators during the event, because we will hopefully have a full staff of volunteers before the event starts. I think we would have more slots filled before the event due to the carrot of a reserved ticket. Every burn the volunteer pool is different, it always changes and inconsistent, one burn we have a great volunteerism, then the next burn poor volunteerism.

A participant volunteers for 6 hours, either 2 three hour shift lead shifts or 3 two hour volunteer shifts.

The Front and Back gate already have a volunteer shift log book to record volunteer attendance for his or her volunteer shifts.

The volunteer shift logs books can be updated to record additional information such as email address and have two people to sign off for completed shift, such as shift lead, Coordinators and Assistant Coordinator, or G.O.D.'s.

After the event, coordinators would record the reserved volunteer ticket list into a google spreadsheet for his or her department for the following burn. The reserved ticket would be forwarded to the current BOD member responsible for the reserved tickets for the following burn.

Coordinators would send emails out to the volunteers who received the reserved to the following burn or the burn the participant chooses to attend.

During the reserved ticket sales volunteers would be able to purchase a reserved ticket to the burn.

Communication to our community about the new reserved ticket for volunteer shifts are the following: web site announcement, notices during ticket sales, posts on FB, notices on the BPE, emails sent out to volunteers by department coordinators.

Proposal
A reserved ticket for Coordinators to Burning Man :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:51 am 

Agenda for Sunday's PC meeting can be viewed and downloaded HERE.